Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fluke07

Lost popper

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

headscratch.gif Anybody come across a pelican with a yellow pencil popper.....it's mine, not the pelican, the popper. Got the pelican on the beach and got about 3' from it, one swipe of his beak and figured I had a big problem, was by myself and when I released the bail to so I could get soemthing to throw over the bird, it must have cut the line and kind of stumbled back in the water and swam offshore. I've gotten pecked by seagulls, but the beak on these guys is something else, nasty bastages too.

View PostYou think thats bad. I almost hooked a bald eagle on the Del River a couple years ago. Damn thing got a few feet away from a spook I was working.

Here birdy birdyicon24.gif

Just throw a towel over it's head and you'll be fine!! tongue.gif Seriously though, have you ever seen their claws up close? I would not want to be anywhere near those without very thick gloves. They are huge!!

The pelican on the other hand have a nasty looking beak, but not really all that harmful. No power behind the bite.

View PostJust throw a towel over it's head and you'll be fine!! tongue.gif Seriously though, have you ever seen their claws up close? I would not want to be anywhere near those without very thick gloves. They are huge!!

The pelican on the other hand have a nasty looking beak, but not really all that harmful. No power behind the bite.

Kind of hard to do when you are by yourself, no one within a 1/4 miles (go figure - Sunday morning at IBSP and no one around) and the towel is in the truck 30' away. Also, the line broke before I could get to truck. I hope some boater saw him and was able to free him, don't tghink he was able to fly with power pro around his wings.