Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumb-Burner

Custom Daiwa 7-ht

11 posts in this topic

ok... kinda hard to explain.. this is my last one of these (had three) and really can't justify keeping it. i consider these the easiest casting conventionals on the planet.. similar capacity to a 525 mag... the ONLY drawback i ever found on them is that the drag washers are tiny.. SOOOOOOOOOOOO... i just happen to have a friend who runs a company with a bunch of CNC machines.. he "hogged out" the main gear (which is VERY beefy) to create a recess that accepts standard 6500 abu drag washers.. the tiny factory drag has been replaced with extreme smoothies and metal smoothies.. drag is awesome now.. handle has also been replaced with an abu 6500 handle.. (which is a direct swap out).. i have a ton in the reel... .. more line cap than a 525 mag and casts like a 6500 abu.. $175 shipped

no mags in this reel.. honestly, they are just not needed.. that's a spool tension adjustment like on a 6500 abu...

i'm thinking nearly 300 of 17#.. that is what i have on it... very similar to a 20 size daiwa.. daiwa website says 300m (330 yds) of 15#... but we all know that one man's 15# diameter is another mans 20# diameter. biggrin.gif

trust me.. you'll love it... wink.gif

Free bump thumb, the one 7HT i have i can attest to how they cast.....like a bullet and no mag needed. This reel is one of the best casting conventionals out there.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0