Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThatSlyBasstard

Lures vs Plugs

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I'm a little bored at work, counting the minutes until I can get out of The City and go fish for a few days, so here goes.

From a linguistic standpoint a Plug is a type of Lure; the same way a Spoon, or a Fly, or a Spinner Bait is a type of Lure. Usually defined as a hard bodied fishing lure.

View PostI've always wondered, why do saltwater fisherman call them plugs, when freshwater fisherman call them lures?

As to your question, why do some drink soda and others pop; eat a hogy while others munch on a hero? Regional, or in this case, avocational idiomatic differences.smile.gif

View PostI'm a little bored at work, counting the minutes until I can get out of The City and go fish for a few days, so here goes.

From a linguistic standpoint a Plug is a type of Lure; the same way a Spoon, or a Fly, or a Spinner Bait is a type of Lure. Usually defined as a hard bodied fishing lure.

As to your question, why do some drink soda and others pop; eat a hogy while others munch on a hero? Regional, or in this case, avocational idiomatic differences.smile.gif

Its a "hoagie" in my neck of the woods wink.gif

View PostPlugs = wood

Lures = plastic

Everyone has called bombers "plugs" since i can remember surf fishing...

It is definitely a saltwater vs freshwater thing...in the end, everything is a "lure" though. HappyWave.gif