Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kato95

Mako 284

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

My best friend is looking at a used Mako 284. It's a 2007 with merc 225 4 stroke engines. Aprox. 435 hrs. We looked at the boat twice and from our basic inspections everything looks well maintained and clean. His first boat was a 220 Angler which he enjoyed and was problem free. I would appreciate any feedback regarding the boat and engines. Lastly, what are the next steps? Offer, survey and sea trial but in what order.

newer mako's(after 1994) are not near the quality of the pre-1994 in terms of quality ride and hull construction. That said, not bad boats. In this market, you should be able to find a pretty good price.

GL

I had an 87 17' Mako and wish to hell i had never sold it, another case where older is better and now Mako is owned by Bass tracker, I would stay with Angler they have/ had a lifetime warranty, no wood in construction. seems to be a better boat to me

i have a 96 mako 282 - no complaints at all - great boat - can make the trip to the canyons

as far as next step - survey/sea trial done same day (with surveyor) - at least thats what i did - then offer....