Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chigger

Question for Charlie Graves experts/users.

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

I was ina tackle shop today and got to see a very large selection os Charlie Graves tins and metal. And while looking at them, I got the feeling that the J series for insatance is set up kind of like bucktailing is. You have the same basic size and shape (with slight size changes for weight gain). Is this so that you can find a weight at which you can use a proper retrieve and get down to where the fish are? Kind of like Doc Muller's constant speed/retrieve and change weight to get down to a feeding zone.

I hear a lot about guys recomending a particular Charlie graves tin or two, but are there guys on here that carry a full compliment of these lures to adapt to many situations?

While I'm at it, do you carry the same lure in tin and other metal (sorry for my ignoance in metal type).

Has anyone ever gone fishing with Ralph Vota himself? Or any other devotee of these metal lures?

Thanks guys.

The J6 is my "go to" lure/tin at 1 3/4 oz. It casts well and has great action. I've tried other sizes of this series years ago as they are now hard to get. Great lure - stock up if you can.

JimD

View PostThe J6 is my "go to" lure/tin at 1 3/4 oz. It casts well and has great action. I've tried other sizes of this series years ago as they are now hard to get. Great lure - stock up if you can.

JimD

Pretty easy to find them on LI biggrin.gif.