Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whtkdtn1401

Today, I received wrong package but website says "customer pays full return fees"???

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I would like to hear your opinions about it.

I ordered Fin-Nor offshore spinning reel 9500 drag knob from one website and received wrong size of drag knob. They sent me a 65-75 size dragg knob instead sending me 85-95 size. So I checked the website about the returning and says customer pays full returning fees but they're gonna give me money back for product.

I believe when the customer needs to pay returning fees, it has to be a Customer receives the right product but the customer doesn't want that product anymore, not when the customer receives wrong product.

What would you say about this??

Thank you for reading

If they want you to pay to ship it back, I would just tell them that you want them to ship you the correct product and leave it at that. If they say anything about getting the product that they incorrectly shipped back then ask them to pay for it. I have had incorrect golf clubs sent to me that the company told me to just keep and they sent me the correct ones.

"Customer pays all return fees" usually applies when you are returning an item on your own. Some companies will pay for shipping even if it's your fault.

If they made a mistake, they should pay return shipping fees. It's only good business practice if you want to retain customers.

Hopefully they will take care of you and pay for the return.

look at it as a contract.

you signed for an 85 - 95 size part and paid XXX number of dollars for said part.

The other side of the contract states they will send you the part specified in the contract (sale).

They have no fulfilled their side of the contract.

There is NO way a consumer should have to pay to fix a retailers error.

View PostIf they want you to pay to ship it back, I would just tell them that you want them to ship you the correct product and leave it at that. If they say anything about getting the product that they incorrectly shipped back then ask them to pay for it. I have had incorrect golf clubs sent to me that the company told me to just keep and they sent me the correct ones.

Agreed, call them and be nice. Be an arse if they do not fix the problem. Chargeback if mgmt doesn't fix it.

Mention that you are getting the credit card co. involved. ie: telling them you are going to dispute payment. You should not have to pay return shipping.

Peace

View PostMention that you are getting the credit card co. involved. ie: telling them you are going to dispute payment. You should not have to pay return shipping.

Peace

Mention the words "Charge Back" to them by the credit card company,,,,,That will get them to change their attitude!

Problem solved. They told me to keep the wrong part and they're gonna refund all my money include shipping but I chose to wait for the right part but still keeping the wrong part.

Thank you guys for posting and helping smile.gif