Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveC

Fishing in NJ for the last two weeks of October 2010

Rate this topic

729 posts in this topic

Please, let's keep this thread for reports. If you want to make comments or ask a question or two, that's fine. I do not want the free for all that ensued in the past to become a pattern. Please bear in mind that it's a full time job editing these posts.....don't make that job that much harder, please.

As usual, post reports here.......as little or as much detail as you would like to provide the reader. Please don't post specific street names or areas. Sometimes just a town name is too much information! Doing so only adds to the traffic in certain areas and it might cause an internet feud. For example, you can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no. Feel free to share any thoughts you might have on local conditions and "I got the old skunkaroo" reports" are OK too.

Some popular acronyms:

SH- Sandy Hook

NoMoCo- Northern Monmouth County

SoMoCo- Southern Monmouth County

SFZ-Spring Fling Zone (SRI-Shark River Inlet to MI- Manasquan Inlet)

OC Ocean County

IBSP-Island Beach State Park

LBI- Long Beach Island

AC- Atlantic County

CISP- Corson's Inlet State Park

CMC- Cape May County

CMR- Cape May Rips

DB- Delaware Bay

Fished the back and front from 12-6PM today.The wife came down to the cave and said she smelled fish.I said it was either the sea robin I foul hooked through the eye, or more likely the dead clams I bought from that bait shop on 36 AGAINmad.gif . I'm done with them. Rant over, I also plugged after the bait ran out. Really slow out there........

Back bays and rivers have plenty of adult bunker but outside sandeels rule.

Yesterday on the boat, there was a gigantic mass of bass off the Rockaways that were gorging themselves on sandeels. Average fish was 10-15lb with bigger fish mixed in. No shorts @ all. Pool fish went 32#. I only post this info because today was a whole new ball game. We went back to the same area to find the whole area void of bait & fish. God knows where they'll be with this wicked NW but, I know ill be looking towards the beaches with 2 days off to actually fish.

IMO, this fall is going to be the 'fall' of 'fall's past' in my opinion. There's a ridiculous amount of big fish around for this time of year. I would imagine it could only get better.

View PostFished the back and front from 12-6PM today.The wife came down to the cave and said she smelled fish.I said it was either the sea robin I foul hooked through the eye, or more likely the dead clams I bought from that bait shop on 36 AGAINmad.gif . I'm done with them. Rant over, I also plugged after the bait ran out. Really slow out there........

is thatbait store north or south of keansburg? cause I know the feeling!!

hit the hook for a few hrs. tonight. managed one short off the beach with eels . i realized something after that fish caught itself on the circle hook and i reeled it in, I would rather be pluggin/bucktailing. did well in the spring with clams and bunker heads, but, it's just not the same as working those plugs and bucktailsheart.gif

Lots of quality fish with stripes. One fish with the little teeth that we don't see too often anymore. Mostly on those painted lead things with a hook and animal hair on it.

Sudsy you need to get a cholostomy bag installed.

View PostBack bays and rivers have plenty of adult bunker but outside sandeels rule.

Yesterday on the boat, there was a gigantic mass of bass off the Rockaways that were gorging themselves on sandeels. Average fish was 10-15lb with bigger fish mixed in. No shorts @ all. Pool fish went 32#. I only post this info because today was a whole new ball game. We went back to the same area to find the whole area void of bait & fish. God knows where they'll be with this wicked NW but, I know ill be looking towards the beaches with 2 days off to actually fish.

IMO, this fall is going to be the 'fall' of 'fall's past' in my opinion. There's a ridiculous amount of big fish around for this time of year. I would imagine it could only get better.

right on the beach! 2nd AM of NW