Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
otlip

Montauk Madness

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

Montauk should change is name to little Mexico. Not only the fact you have to be bilingual to talk there to communicate but all the jackasses (any race for this matter. Black, white, brown, blue and yellow it doesn't matter) who have no common sense what so ever or respect for anyone fishing around them is nuts. I would be scared to death to even think about casting over someones head to only scared to hurt them you just look like a total ******* who has no idea what it going on. Blitzs are a sight to see and fun to fish when you are around people who have the sense to fish them but that rarely happens.

View PostMontauk should change is name to little Mexico. Not only the fact you have to be bilingual to talk there to communicate but all the jackasses who have no common sense what so ever or respect for anyone fishing around them is nuts. I would be scared to death to even think about casting over someones head to only scared to hurt them you just look like a total ******* who has no idea what it going on. Blitzs are a sight to see and fun to fish when you are around people who have the sense to fish them but that rarely happens.

My first Montauk experience this past weekend proves otherwise. When a Caucasian surfcaster was impaled on his leg with a hook and called out for help, only people with Spanish accent showed up to help except for a father and his sons walking back after fishing. The other people just pretended like they didn't hear or see him.

Later on, I was in the midst of a blitz. Very crowded. I found an opening. Man to my left was on a rock in the water. Man to my right was on the shore. I thought I could manage in betwee with about 15 yards of space on either side. Man on the left (whose rock is 10 yards deeper into the water than mine) kept looking at my direction. I wasn't sure whether he took exception to my presence or was looking at other people or just looking out for the blitz moving frorm his right. The man to my right and behind me wasn't casting after I showed up. I thought I may be impeding his ability to fish so I jumped off my rock and went to him and apologized. Instead of the potential 'eff off' response I was expecting, he said that's OK and told me to take the rock infront of him since he doesn't have cleats on, couldn't get to the rocks and the blitz was far away from the shore for him to reach. I thanked him and took the rock 20 yards in front of him. Now i have more than 20 yards on either of my side. Along comes a caucasian man. Stands behind me to the right just as the blitz is moving infront of me to from the left. He casts to his left crossing me and the guy to my left. I didn't realize this and casted straight out infront of me on top of his line. He caught a fish and I got off my rock to to go to him and untangle the line while he was fighting the fish. As I did that, I asked him to keep paying attention to the fish and I'll take care of the tangled. line. He beached the fish (questionable size) and walked away. Relieved, I kept fishing. Shortly another man (caucasian as well) showed up and took a closer rock to my right. An unspoken line of communication developed between us as I waited for him to cast (much further than I could cast) and bring it in about 50 yards from him before I casted so that we wouldnt cross. He saw me looking to my left, right, and behind for clearence before I casted and did the same courtesy for me. The guy who left with the fish came back half an hour later. While I waited for my now partner to my right to finish his retrieve, the ***** behind me casts across me just as the blitz started passing me. I noted that my antireverse failed at that time and combined with the ***** behind me, decided that it's time for me to leave. I couldn't really be mad at the guy as I thought he was a bit uneducated and may have had some inbreeding in him.

Moral of the long story: Aholes and nice guys come in all races, colors, and religion. Judging people by such factors will help you and instead will result in more aggravation and agony than anything else.

View PostMy first Montauk experience this past weekend proves otherwise. When a Caucasian surfcaster was impaled on his leg with a hook and called out for help, only people with Spanish accent showed up to help except for a father and his sons walking back after fishing. The other people just pretended like they didn't hear or see him.

Later on, I was in the midst of a blitz. Very crowded. I found an opening. Man to my left was on a rock in the water. Man to my right was on the shore. I thought I could manage in betwee with about 15 yards of space on either side. Man on the left (whose rock is 10 yards deeper into the water than mine) kept looking at my direction. I wasn't sure whether he took exception to my presence or was looking at other people or just looking out for the blitz moving frorm his right. The man to my right and behind me wasn't casting after I showed up. I thought I may be impeding his ability to fish so I jumped off my rock and went to him and apologized. Instead of the potential 'eff off' response I was expecting, he said that's OK and told me to take the rock infront of him since he doesn't have cleats on, couldn't get to the rocks and the blitz was far away from the shore for him to reach. I thanked him and took the rock 20 yards in front of him. Now i have more than 20 yards on either of my side. Along comes a caucasian man. Stands behind me to the right just as the blitz is moving infront of me to from the left. He casts to his left crossing me and the guy to my left. I didn't realize this and casted straight out infront of me on top of his line. He caught a fish and I got off my rock to to go to him and untangle the line while he was fighting the fish. As I did that, I asked him to keep paying attention to the fish and I'll take care of the tangled. line. He beached the fish (questionable size) and walked away. Relieved, I kept fishing. Shortly another man (caucasian as well) showed up and took a closer rock to my right. An unspoken line of communication developed between us as I waited for him to cast (much further than I could cast) and bring it in about 50 yards from him before I casted so that we wouldnt cross. He saw me looking to my left, right, and behind for clearence before I casted and did the same courtesy for me. The guy who left with the fish came back half an hour later. While I waited for my now partner to my right to finish his retrieve, the ***** behind me casts across me just as the blitz started passing me. I noted that my antireverse failed at that time and combined with the ***** behind me, decided that it's time for me to leave. I couldn't really be mad at the guy as I thought he was a bit uneducated and may have had some inbreeding in him.

Moral of the long story: Aholes and nice guys come in all races, colors, and religion. Judging people by such factors will help you and instead will result in more aggravation and agony than anything else.

if the guy cast in front of you once, explain to him the danger/nuisance. the second time he does it, cut his line. maybe he will get the idea. just my .02

This weeks storm (Thurs/Fri) should send a bunch of people scurrying for shelter. Most of them don't like fishing in snotty conditions. Have fun out there guys, and be careful...and bring lots of 2 oz bucktails biggrin.gif

View Postif the guy cast in front of you once, explain to him the danger/nuisance. the second time he does it, cut his line. maybe he will get the idea. just my .02

Thanks. I'll leave such measures to bigger guys. A little stare and dismayed head shaking will be utilized next time. If that doesn't work, I'll change spots. I'll let him be handled by another bigger/aggressive guy he crosses. It's bound to happen.

View PostI too am an immigrant to the USA arrived in 1959 , but I got to admit I get VERY VERY ANGRY when I see disrespectful off the boat dudes who dont give a flying flunk about the law or common courtesy. I have a knack of spending time "educating" these people .. I will try the nice way first with hands signs and a smile etc.... then if they stick act like apachees I call immigration on the cell phone right in front of them reading off their license plates and a saying "no green card, no green card" works every time... some one has got to show these folks that America isn't just an open field to be pillaged.

John, one of the greatest posts I have ever read...+1,000

My first Montauk experience this past weekend proves otherwise. When a Caucasian surfcaster was impaled on his leg with a hook and called out for help, only people with Spanish accent showed up to help except for a father and his sons walking back after fishing. The other people just pretended like they didn't hear or see him.

Thats because the only people around we're prob.Spanish.I'm sure your giving it alil too much thought. Your assuming that if white people we're around none would help YEAH okkooky.gif