Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
otlip

Montauk Madness

Rate this topic

44 posts in this topic

Well I fished Turttle Cove this afternoon and the striper blitz was on. So were the idiots that would cast over you to get their lure into the school. Shoulder to shoulder and a guy six fisherman down decides to cast.

Had to laugh! To bad they weren't checking fishing licenses. 80% would have gotten a ticket and the other 5% would have flunked english as a second language.

Thank the fishing gods that the holiday is over and the nuts go home.

I too am an immigrant to the USA arrived in 1959 , but I got to admit I get VERY VERY ANGRY when I see disrespectful off the boat dudes who dont give a flying flunk about the law or common courtesy. I have a knack of spending time "educating" these people .. I will try the nice way first with hands signs and a smile etc.... then if they stick act like apachees I call immigration on the cell phone right in front of them reading off their license plates and a saying "no green card, no green card" works every time... some one has got to show these folks that America isn't just an open field to be pillaged.

There must have been atleast 20 of them at the end of the Shinnecock jetty yesterday.

They cast over each other normally, why did you think it would be any different?! cwm27.gif

I had some knuckle head cast over my line 3 times in a row on Saturday. Not a single "sorry, my bad" came out of his face.

Then another knuckle head grabbed a rock a rods length away me, cast his tin over my popper on his first cast and then cut MY line to untangle it (costing me at least 10 yards of braid because he wound it into his reel!!), I said F it and headed to less crowded pastures.

When I finally found a nice quiet rock, a blitz popped up right in front of me. That first fish wasn't the biggest of the day, but it was the best.

When the blitz is within casting distance, I always take a break to watch the fish and those crazy people, it is much fun than fishing. And dont wanna waste my bucktails and line.biggrin.gif

View PostWell I fished Turttle Cove this afternoon and the striper blitz was on. So were the idiots that would cast over you to get their lure into the school. Shoulder to shoulder and a guy six fisherman down decides to cast.

Had to laugh! To bad they weren't checking fishing licenses. 80% would have gotten a ticket and the other 5% would have flunked english as a second language.

Thank the fishing gods that the holiday is over and the nuts go home.

I was there too, but on a boat. Blitz after blitz. That was some crazy stuff that I have never witnessed before! Have to download my photos.

drool.gif

View PostWell I fished Turttle Cove this afternoon and the striper blitz was on. So were the idiots that would cast over you to get their lure into the school. Shoulder to shoulder and a guy six fisherman down decides to cast.

First mistake...fishing Turtle Cove on a Sunday afternoon when the weather is good....wait until the weather gets cooler and all the yahoos stay home...THEN go fishing. I avoid Montauk like the plague on weekends...and it's starting to get worse during the week. You have to understand the only way most of those yahoos can catch a bass is during a blitz biggrin.gif

I've cut the line of more than a few people who cast over my shoulder. The lure swings one way and I feel the line across my body. Now I know the plug is coming and it's gonna rake across my body.

Out comes the knife and I cut the line.

Ooops, sorry...

Chris

I was out there also. I had 1 of them ****** stand right behind me. I told him thats not a safe spot to stand as I whipped 2 sets of 3/0 trebles right past his face. You think he would`ve moved. . . Nope, continued to stand there with a stupid grin on his face.

Then I realized I might lose my plug if its impaled in his face so I went west where there was ample room and more importantly guys that knew what they were doing.

The fish didnt disapoint either. . .had em just about every cast for around 5 hours. Had to leave bc I couldnt grip the rod anymore. Thank God I have off from work today

View PostI've cut the line of more than a few people who cast over my shoulder. The lure swings one way and I feel the line across my body. Now I know the plug is coming and it's gonna rake across my body.

Out comes the knife and I cut the line.

Ooops, sorry...

Chris

A good friend of mine recently took a plug to the gaitor in his stocking foot waders (fortunately that was all that happened, didn't penetrate the waders themselves nor, of course, his flesh) but this was at a formerly very lightly-fished area. Between the two of us we scared the beejesus out of the hapless fellow (me angrily charging at him in the middle of the night didn't help). So much for avoiding crowds at THAT spot. It's getting hellish out there, I tell ya.