windknot7979

afterhours

1,116 posts in this topic

I agree with lots of what has been said.

In regards to wood plugs, after Beachmaster I consider Afterhours to have the best finish in the business, with habs Jr/sr coming in a close third. Afterhours is applied thicker than the other two mentioned, at least it seems that way, but have never had a cracking/lifting problem with any of the three listed. Striper-Sniper has to be included here as their finish is on par with these three, with a "thicker" application similar to AHours.

Needles are the only AH product I have tried and carry, and am VERY PLEASED with their success rate so far. They cast extremely well, and have a small amount of action. If I have the need to move to a different style danny or pencil, his plugs are in line.

These with the stick ons are killing me right now, gotta have em! Probably because I put similar stickons onto my blind plugs anyway smile.gif

I do not have any of these yet, these are from the CBST forum which I recently discovered, missed out. I have fished the 2oz needles with great success, but these dannys and a40's really look like a nice profile. I hope they cast comparably and are weighted similarly to what it is that inspired them. They certainly look the part...

Those blue dannys would be THE killer daytime plug for the mullet run here on LI, which lasts about 7 minutes each September.

JC