Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chigger

Does your braided line get worn were your finger touches it?

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Well I had that problem often when I go for shark fishing. I guess these bad boys do some quiet runs underwater but on my fingers, I never really had that problem. I noticed the colors getting come off but thats about it.

I don't think it would be possible to wear out braided line with your finger headscratch.gifcwm13.gif

View PostI tend to think that it's the other way around---your finger/thumb gets worn where it touches the braid wink.gif

Absolutely this. After a weekend of fishing, my right index finger will be missing 1-3 layers of skin.

Thanks guys.

There is no doubt that my finger can take a beating by the braid, but I'm starting to see that after 5 or outings w/o re-tieing, I am seing what looks to be a freighed spot where my finger would be.

I wanted to check, because sometimes it "breaks in" and looks worn, but isn't any weaker.

Thanks again and please keep your opinions coming.

i generally cut off and retie mostly due to the length near the terminal tackle that sees the most stress/wear on casts from the tip guide... i probably cut off at least a yard or two each outting... but i don't worry too much about finger wear as the line is always fresh since i'm cutting out worn line and fresh line is always moving off the spool as i cutoff...