Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Onelastcast

VS200 and VS250

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Looking to pair either one with an Lami xs101ms and possibly various other 10' foot rods. 1.5 oz weight difference and larger spool on the vs 250 doesn't appear to be much of a difference or is it?? I am leaning towards the vs250 for the slightly faster retrieval rate.

All thoughts greatly appreciated.

I'd get the 250 - you can use it on anything from a 10' rod or larger. In addition, if you do head offshore and want to try jigging for tuna, you'll want the 250.

I've been using a 250 on a 10' rod for almost 10 years and it fits perfectly.

I'm not saying that the 200 isn't good for a 10' rod, it is, it's just that the 250 is a more versatile size.

My first vs was a 250 on a xs101 and the reel was a little to big

for the rod. I sold that rod and and built a gsb1321m the reel fits

perfectly on that rod. I since then built a gsb1201l and put a vs200

on it. The reel is a perfect match for that rod. The point i'm getting

at is the 200 belongs on the 10' and the 250 belongs on the 11'.

They both fit perfectly!!!!!

View PostMy first vs was a 250 on a xs101 and the reel was a little to big

for the rod. I sold that rod and and built a gsb1321m the reel fits

perfectly on that rod. I since then built a gsb1201l and put a vs200

on it. The reel is a perfect match for that rod. The point i'm getting

at is the 200 belongs on the 10' and the 250 belongs on the 11'.

They both fit perfectly!!!!!

I couldn't agree more..beers.gif

I have 2- VS200 both on 10' rods. One is a 120 1L and the other a 120 1M, both are what I would consider perfectly matched / balanced. Can't offer an opinion on a 250 with a 10' as I never fished one, but I can tell you the 200 works real nice.

That video is too dam funny.

I just did a side by side comparison of the 200 and 250. I'm gonna have to go with the 200. Even though the 250 is more versatile, for my day to day use the 200 is a better fit. The 250 is huge and more than what I need. So the decision is made, the 200 it is.

Thanks for all the great input and debate.

View PostThat video is too dam funny.

I just did a side by side comparison of the 200 and 250. I'm gonna have to go with the 200. Even though the 250 is more versatile, for my day to day use the 200 is a better fit. The 250 is huge and more than what I need. So the decision is made, the 200 it is.

Thanks for all the great input and debate.

I think the 200 is just as versitile, just depends on what you are going to do with it. Beefier 9'ers are sweet with a 200, and you could definitley get away with a 200 on a lighter 11'er, I think its perfect on 10'ers. Theres no such thing as "this size VS is for this length rod" Good choice, Im sure you will be happy with it. beers.gif

-Al

1.5 oz does not seem much but it's swing weight that is important to. If you fish for 6 hour sessions then that 1.5 oz will mean a lot. The VS 200 is physically smaller and that again helps handling both when working the lure and when casting. I use my 200 for Lami 10 foot and lami 11 foot. the 200 holds 400 yards of 40lb braided line and it will cast almost as far as a 250.

If you are going to be using mostly a 10 foot pole why use more reel than you really need. I have never felt the need for a 250 on any of my rods.

But it is your money and at the days end you have to make your decision. Your question has been asked many times and every time you will get the same sort of replies. Mine is my opinion based on experince just like most of the other Guys opinions are based on their experience that prefer the 250. When cash allows you can always buy the one you did not get first time around.

Mike