Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skate Bait

an IBSP question

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I love when your driving along the beach and they're pacing you on both sides of the truck, occasionally diving inside to take a bite out of you. The faster you go the faster they go. Sorta like porpoise's riding a boat's pressure wave. Welcome to NJ, come see for yourself. biggrin.gif

I love when your driving along the beach and they're pacing you on both sides of the truck, occasionally diving inside to take a bite out of you. The faster you go the faster they go. Sorta like porpoise's riding a boat's pressure wave. Welcome to NJ, come see for yourself. biggrin.gif

lg_smile.gifwink.gif

Its ok if you've got wind from an easterly direction, otherwise your a meal for the skeeters and greenheads. They usually show up right around Memorial Day and like the Bennies they stay till Labor Day when they leave with a belly full of blood.

If you happen to be lucky enough to see one of the fox'es while driving up the road, I would advise you to take a long hard look at that poor begger & see how thin it looks, No it is not from lack of food. It is from BLOOD LOSS. By the way thr green heads think that Backwoods off is actually BLOODY MARY'S in a spray can. The mosquitos think that Avon skin so soft is Perfumed Champain. They also say, Why should we chase skinny foxe's at night when there are plump wamm BLOOD TOTIN humins evreywhere?.

Use anything with 90% deet or higher. When I go to canada I always buy spray that's 90% deet and it keeps everything away. No misquitos no black flies. Also wear a bug jacket at night.

I mix Listerine with the Skin-So-Soft and have no problems with the greenheads even on a windless August afternoon. One of the rangers told me about this mix. I "field tested" one arm with Deep Woods Off and the other with the L/S-S-S mixture, and I couldn't believe how the flies swarmed to the OFF arm and left the other one alone. I'm sold.

I'm going to have to try the Listerine trick. Does it matter what kind you use? Do you need to use the nasty brown kind?

I've gotten into my truck a day after being there and gotten nailed by some stow aways. Nasty little critters.

I use a blue mint Listerine, but I don't think it matters. The mixture is 1/2 Listerine and 1/2 S-S-S bath oil. I keep it in the truck in a spray bottle. You'll be happy with the results. smile.gif

I came here from NH in '85. The first time I went to IBSP I could not belive what I was seeing. There were 100's of those blood thirsty bastages all around me as I drove on.

When I got out they never touched me. They were tired from eating my Jeep! eek.gifwink.gif

I have never seen anything quite like it!