Who fishes the Western Sound in the spring??

Rate this topic

Mike Lang

Sounds good BC, hopefully the bunks will be there for the taking.

Congrats and welcome, I heard about Wed. night,you made a good choice. Between you ,me and a few other guys in the club there will be a ton of nervous Old PJ's in the western sound.

E-mail me your contact info so I can include it on my roster.

Mike L

Mike & BC:

Definitely up for the LI Spring-Fling! Good idea.

Still up for Sunday morning? As I told BC, it may be tough getting out of bed after the Saturday night boozefest/Striper dinner, but if I know you're waiting I will definitely make it out there.

Hit me back & Congrats to all us new guys. I'm smelling 1st place for the gang.

THE KID

Boyz,

I would try to make it up there, but every time i make plans in adv the wind blows the bad way, and I end up spending some more time in a bar in Port Washington eating wings drinking bass ale.

Re kid careful not to talk trash as any one of a number of things can knock us out of the box. been there done that, doesnt really matter in the grand scheme, its all about friends and having fun.

Right-O JohnP! Just really excited about the season. Should be an excellent time fishing with so many talented fellas. Reserved optomism....

Try to make it out.

Get the photos?

THE KID

[This message has been edited by THEKID (edited 03-09-2001).]

hip hip hooray for that weather forcast, Im about ready to freak if it doesnt change soon...

whatver you think mike is fine with me, my experience in that area is alittle east but, Im sure I can find a nook or a crannie or two to take some people if need be...

BC

"The kids they dance and shake thier bones and the politicians throwing stones. singing ashes, ashes all fall down"

JCX,

Youre welcome to come with me. I will have the fly rod with me, but I will probably spend most of the time, plugging during the day and chunking at night, but I know the area pretty well and can at elast get you off on the right foot...

as far as flies/colors etc, I would recommend spearing patterns, white and silver, and even green (chartruesse). Ive done real well with white and green and as long as the flies are close, you'll be fine..

Ill be in touch..

BC

"The kids they dance and shake thier bones and the politicians throwing stones. singing ashes, ashes all fall down"

Mike

I think you can count me in also. It would be nice to get together and maybe catch a few fish. Regarding the boundaries and access, I would like to caution that the Nassau side ie. Great Neck Estates and Kings Point are both pretty exclusive areas with their own local police departments. They have a very low level of tolerance for non residents. Parking restrictions and village resident only restrictions will present difficulties. (Big time.) If, as you suggest, we meet at the Fort we can fish the bridge to the jetty all the way down to the south end shallows. You have got a couple of miles of lots of different structure and the ability to generally hang together.

Steve

Hey guys,

I may not be able to make a planning get together, but I'm definatly up for fishing. You might want to consider doing both at the same time (like in previous flings). Some planning by e-mail/board, an early start for final team assignments, then start fishing. Just my $0.02.

Lookin foward to spring, Kurt

Kid,

Take it from me, talkin trash has a way of backfiring - ALWAYS.

Last time I talked serious trash was when manny left early and I had 4 fish over 20 at his spot. He didnt have a touch. Next morning I let him have it, and I could tell it hurt. Next night I gave up after an ok night and he stayed..and he was nice enuf to stop by and show me a 42.5 in his cooler. Then the next night I only had a couple, but kept moving and stayed out til dawn. He and another guy went in a different direction. When I got back to my truck I saw some numbers scribbled through the dust on the driver's side window..something like 36, 28, 32, 34, 38+, 26, etc.

The fish gods can change anyone's luck in an instant.