Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike Lang

Who fishes the Western Sound in the spring??

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Just for some idle chit-chat;

I have fished the western sound for 21 years, O.K. maybe the right way for the last 12, but I tried to learn young. Who will be out there this spring pressing for there first 50 fish day, or first cow at night?

Maybe we can get together for a Long Island "Spring Fling"?

Anybody??

Mike Lang

Mike,I have been going to fish the western sound for several years.I hope this will be the one.I for one would like to hook up and catch a few.I want to spend some time exploring places like Little Neck Bay,Manhasset Bay etc.

Started to fish it late last fall and liked it alot the last fish I caught in 2000 was a 17# football striper in the sound.I plan to fish it this spring much more From boat and shore...........Cheen

Mike

Long Island Spring Fling sounds like fun. Nothing formal of course, but a good way to get together. Have to put some thought into location and boundaries considering the somewhat limited access in areas other than the stretch south of Ft Totten. Very productive in the spring with plastics and bucktails (with crushed barbs preferably).

Steve

L.I. spring fling mike..count me in! never fished the areas you guys have mentioned,but always wanted to..guess we gotta wait for the bunker to move in and the big gals should follow!

A long island spring fling sounds great. I fished last year for the first time, and underestimated it's potential. I caught some monster blues, and some nice stripers. I fish the area around bayville, but have heard much about manhasset and little neck bays. Count me in

Castingkid

Ah, the Western Sound.Before moving to the wilds of Pennsylvania I spent many an early season night bouncing bucktails off the Ft.Totten jetty or chunking in Manhasset Bay.Used to get my bunker at Bolton's Place in Port Washington.

I'd love to join you guys,keep me posted.

------------------

CMSTRIPER@juno.com

Thankfully.. Boltons Place is Gone. Gus was a decent guy to me, but... I dont think he'd tell his starving mother where she could find a decent bass bite.. biggrin.gif

anyway... the fling sounds good to me... Ill be in, Mike, between the two of us, we should be able to produce enough fishable spots in that area that can hold a decent amount of people, and.. hopefully get a big sloppy fish or two... If the bait is available, I can take care of it thru Rich. I will probably be able to buy in bulk, that is, if its available... It should be tho...

keep me in the loop...

BC