Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayC

New Roof...is this normal for 2 layers.

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

View PostWOW,am i glad you guys convinced me to strip the roof.who ever did the original roof job half assed it..there was no ice and water shield anywhere on the roof,no felt paper was used.used the cheap 3 inch drip edge.what a hack job..i got the back of the house finished today and the front is striped ready for tomorrow and the mess is cleaned up..god i hate roofing..

you get what you pay for...cheap out and pay more in the end..half the roof life...old flashing dies but doesn't get removed it just gets covered up...no dump fee now, but when it comes time to reroof you get higher labor cause two roofs need to be stripped/ bigger dumpster fees cause of two roofs...it doesn't pay in the long run...your doing it right...smart move.

View Postis there an actual purpose for a little shingle overhang?my roof has about 1/2-3/4" all around and i dont like the way it looks.up the gable walls you can see that whoever did the roof wasnt perfect on there cuts and it shows.im going over the roof starting this weekend and plan to keep the shingles flush with the dripedge.

you over hang the starter course up the rake. When you look up the gable walls you should just see one straight line going all the way up to the ridge. You shouldnt be seeing the miscuts of any shingles