Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bobber

anyone heard of the "trig-r clamp"?

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

am I just imagining this, or is there really a product for use on factory (conventional) rods that can give you the trigger-grip feature usually only found on custom-builds???

I swear I saw some kinda thingy in a catalog somewhere (gee, could this get any more vague??) that offered this sorta deal....... anyone??

Break away makes a casting aid called the cannon. It can be taped onto your conventional it gives you a trigger release for your line, I hear it helps when your slinging big lead in the canal. Mebbe some of those guys can chime in. I went to wally world for soft plastics last week and they had a few there, break away also has a site. Product is the break away cannon, yup that sounds like what you are looking for.

Bass Pro Shops's Offshore Angler catalog had those. Don't know for sure if they still carry them. Was a clamp on item.

Got me thinking now.....gotta look. Would love one on my 11'9".

Had two of them and they work okay.

Be careful how tight you make the nuts as I overtightened one of mine and it broke (cracked plastic). Got them at Offshore Angler. Yes, they still have them in the 2003 catalog.

tnbr

[ 11-22-2003, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: topnbottomrig ]

They are in the bass pro saltwater catalogue.I have been using them for a few seasons on my Newell reels. they are an exact replacement for the 200 series and the later production 300 series reels. They will not fit the old style P300 series with the aluminum handle.

Marc

Does it connect to the reel, reel seat or rod butt? I was looking for an aftermarket trigger that could be added to rods that are too thick for a trigger reel seat.

TimS

It connects to the reel itself, the way a reel clamp would if your rod didn't have a reel seat. If the screws are long enough, it should work on a rod that has a butt diameter too large to accomodate a trigger seat.