Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pmaxx

First bass from the surf!!!

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

I finally got my first bass from a beach tonight...biggrin.gif . Got her on a hi-low rig with clams. I gotta say its a whole lot more fun from the beach as apposed to a pier. She was the best fighting bass for me yet actually pulling off some line for a bit. Probably about 26" but of course I had nothing to measure with(won't make that mistake again). I've cought some bigger bass before but this one must have been pissed.

I might go back out in the morning to try out my new waders(never used waders before). Any advice? Do's and dont's?

Regards,

Pete

The guy at my local tackle shop said plugging is not really to effective just yet. Maybe in about two weeks or so. Does that sound about right or should the fish be hitting plugs allready?

Hey Pete, that's great!

All good advice so far. You want to pull a dry top or rain parka over the waders and cinch a belt around your waist. Then, if you get knocked down or stumble, you don't flood the waders. It's amazing how dry you'll stay with this standard setup.

Don't try to set the world on fire your first time with waders. smile.gif

Cheers,

PS....Oh yeah, go get 'em!

Learn the structure of the beach and where the sandbars are and etc.. The first few times dont wander out tooo far into the water. Just walk around slowly and get used to your waders. You will have a blast!! I still remember the first time I went into the water with waders it was very fun and exciting. A lot of things to see from the baitfish around you to all sorts of crabs and other sea creatures smile.gif

Congratulations.

As far as bait or plugs etc. Do what you want. There is a lot to learn about both. I know nothing about fishing with bait.

View PostBuy and use a wader belt...

Chris

This is the best advice in this thread so far - Congrats on your first fish but keep learning the sport/spot during the day first before you head out at night - 2 different ballparks wink.gif be safe