Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stripedbassjeff

Just got a kayak for the fall run

10 posts in this topic

Ocean kayak 13 prowler, got it for fishing Boston harbor cause I don't get much from the surf. No pics don't know to send pics on sol. Was wondering what you all use for a combos? My surf fishing stuff to big. And my down riggers a little bulky. Any cheap combo suggestions.

Just about any 7 foot med/h - heavy rod will work fine. of course a reel to match. I'm a Quantum guy myself. I like the PTS reels and the Cabo rods.

Good luck with the 'yak and when you hook into a 45 inch bass or a 14+ pound blue in a foot of water.... Hold on and smile.

Have fun you're gonna love it.

I was a little broke and saw s deal on a tica striper and a mh Jarvis walker 7 ft. 95.00. Not going to go to expensive it might fall in the drink right.

Thank for the suggestions, mabe next year when I can afford more.

On another topic, I tryed going out a couple times once in the fore river and once in the back river. I even went inside all those barge inlet were you can't get in a boat. Trolling tube and worm and casting a bit. Skunked both times. Any other suggestions on were to go or mabe ,one of you wouldn't mind some company on your next outing to Boston Quincy harbor area. Allways wanted to try the cohassat hull area in a kayak as well. Looks very fishy. Thanks!