Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
papa

wd-40

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Anybody ever try spraying some WD-40 on their bait of choice. I hear that this might be effective. Is it worth a shot. If it doesnt work how long does the scent stay on your plug etc?

Ya know, I kinda like the smell of it myself--I think I'm gonna spray some on my salad tonite. wink.gif Anyway, you guys are probably right...it most likely wouldn't hurt 'em too much I guess..

Yep,it works, the bait chuckers around here started spraying their baits with it about 15 years ago and they say it works! I wonder if insect repellent works too. Prospector

You know basshunter I asked a simple question which is what I thought this board was for. I have no intenetion of polluting the ocean or anything else. I was brought up to respect my surroundings and have done my part to teach young people the proper ways to enjoy the outdoors both hunting and fishing. Not that I need to explain myself but I really didnt appreciate your comment!

[This message has been edited by papa (edited 08-23-2001).]

If it's made of Bunker oil...then not only are we eating chickens and other game that are fed this stuff but we are lubricating our fishing equipment with bunker as well?? Oh man!! I think the haul seiners are laughing at us.....