Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stickman

Buying new sneakers, any opinions

22 posts in this topic

Firestone Destination A/Ts, I have a set on my XJ, They are good in the sand & were excellent in the snow, excellent ride for an AT tire

& very important, THE PRICE IS EXCELLENT!

cwm33.gifcwm33.gifcwm33.gif This has been covered about thousand times. Bridgestone Dueller Revo A/T2's, Michellan LTX M/S'2's and Firestone Destination A/T's are all top notch tires. Like the Stella,VS,ZB of reels. Until you use any of those three tires you will never know how bad all the other tires you ever had were.

View PostMichelin LDX ?? LTX, L something X. biggrin.gif I am thinking of putting a set on my Jeep GC. They run about $200 a pop.

When you ready make sure you know what your buying.........Some tires say the Bridgestone Dueller A/T's are superb the Dueller H/t's are crap. Michellan Ltx is POS but LTX2's are excellant. Go to tire rack site and look at the survey results. They are actual results from customers. Thats how I found the Bridgestone Duellers years and years ago before anyone knew about them.

Bridgestone Dueller Revo .........Excellent Tire. Thanks SOL, I learned that here 1-2 years ago. Great traction in the rain for my pickup, no slipping around anymore.

View PostHi Guys,

Buying a new set of tires for the FJ, does anyone have a set of B F Goodrich, Mudterrain T/A KM2 yet? They look & read like they shoud be great?

I don't have direct experience with those (I run BFG All Terrains....), but my brother runs the tires you are looking at. He loves them. They are holding up well and he's had no issues with them at all. While I agree with a previous poster that you don't need tires that aggressive on the beach, he runs the beach in a full size Dodge with a diesel, and they are fine on the sand.

Thanks, I'm always on construction projects & was looking for a tire that could it it all. mountain trails, mud & sand....I'm ordering a set for my FJ..& will post what I think about them soon...highfive.gif

I had BFG M/T KMs on my FJ40. Great off road but squirrly on wet/icey pavement. Got a set of the KM2s last year. Big difference. They are great off road and behave well on pavement. Marked improvment.

The wife's FZJ80 has Firestone Destination MTs and they perform well both on and off road.

If you'er changing tire size you should get a set of five.

After a LOt of searching online, I wound up goinf with nitto terra grapplers(295/70/17), and am not upset at all. They are NOT truck tires, but the highest size I have ever seen in P-metric, meaning they will act just like the standard tires that came on the truck in terms of airing down and ride. The truck tire will be a bit bumpier ride, and much harder to flatten out on the sand.

Also, if you check the FJ forum, this is the most common choice for a good a/t and highway tire. Got mine for $800 installed.