Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DAQ

Rod Recomendations

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

I am looking for a fairly fast action 8-9' spinning rod capable of tossing plugs and Bucktails weighing up to 3oz. Trying to keep the price below $200. I was thinking about the St.Croix x-heavy Tidemaster but was wondering if anyboby here had any recomendations?

Thank's,

D

I'm looking for a similar size rod but a bit lighter, mostly for thrwing bombers and other hard plastic swimmers. I was leaning towrds the G. Loomis SUR1023S. It's about $190. Anyone have any experience with this rod?

Also, I see that Penn is introducing a line of surf rods this year. They look very reasonably priced. I wonder if they are any good or if they are junk? I have always only depended on Penn for reels only, I usually stay away from their other products.

Batson Rainshadow 1088, 8'10", its compared to the Arra 1084, not sure they shouldn't compare the 1084 to it. It might be tight at $200 but you'll come close. If the dough is tight, Tica makes a nice rod for way under $100, but the Rainshadow is one of those rods you'll never be sorry you had built. About as good a plugging stick as there is out there today.

I have an 11' Pen Surf rod (2004). I fished with it all of 2004. I love it. It is sensitive enough to feel a 10" striper and has enough backbone to land the big girls; I landed a 41"/22lber with it this year; not huge, but its my largest yet.

I am using the 5600L Live Liner Penn reel. I love the combo.

HookedUp, where did you read about the new Penn Surf Rods?

Thank's for the info guys. The Lami looks like a good fit, I'll have to check them out at the up coming shows. Unfortunately I may have to sell some equipment in order to afford the one I like.

Anyone want to u

D

Thank's for the info guys. The Lami looks like a good fit, I'll have to check them out at the up coming shows. Unfortunately I may have to sell some equipment in order to afford the one I like.

Anyone want to buy a Stella or two?

D