Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
landwave

Santa Cruz?

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Yup, another Swamp Yankee coming West. I'll be staying in Santa cruz for a week with my days free. What's running? Is it worth sending out my gear bag and renting a pole?

Any help would be great. Thanks

Any preference on plugs? I will be fishing during the day. Don't think I'll be bringing waders. Just a surf bag. Any PM's with a spot or two would be very appreciated. I've never fished the West Coast before

View PostAny preference on plugs? I will be fishing during the day. Don't think I'll be bringing waders. Just a surf bag. Any PM's with a spot or two would be very appreciated. I've never fished the West Coast before

waders are for wussys and poser steelhead fishemen....you wont need them.wink.gif

View PostAny preference on plugs? I will be fishing during the day. Don't think I'll be bringing waders. Just a surf bag. Any PM's with a spot or two would be very appreciated. I've never fished the West Coast before

Not sure about spots down there. Hopefully some of the guys that are from down there have PM'd you already.

I'd bring a pikie, pencil, little neck, bomber, tin, bucktail and a 4-6" swimbait. You can also fish bait (anchovies/herring/sardines/mackerel) for sharks and rays and have a chance at a bass or halibut as well.

View PostNot sure about spots down there. Hopefully some of the guys that are from down there have PM'd you already.

I'd bring a pikie, pencil, little neck, bomber, tin, bucktail and a 4-6" swimbait. You can also fish bait (anchovies/herring/sardines/mackerel) for sharks and rays and have a chance at a bass or halibut as well.

I'd add a kroc or two.

Capitola's a good place to start, barring any up to date report.

If you need more info or want someone to fish with shoot me an email. weatherguy777@hotmail.com

I live and fish the Santa Cruz area quite a bit. I do not post enough to send PM's.

Lures: pencil, sea pup, metal, jumpin minnow. diawa sp minnow, redfin, weedless plastics (bass assasins, flukes) bucktails. don't forget about Halibut. They can be agressive and have been caught on topwater and swimming plugs as well as metal and plastics. They can be in extremley shallow water. In fact if you wade in you may just step on one. Water stays cold here ( just about 55-60 now). Waders for the open beach in my opinion. Watch out incoming south swell.

Lee