Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big country

Letter to all Customers from VS???

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Anyone else get a letter from VS explaining to the customers the new set up of the company, where they are heading, whats new and also a complete step-by-step explanation of what gets done with the annual servicing???

I think this is just another great step by a company really trying to "do right" by their highly valued customers.

A highlight of the newsletter was the fact they are now accepting orders for lefty versions of the 150 and 250 models.. so, all you wierdo lefty's should go ahead and order.

Thanks Rich and Craig for youre work.. we are starting to appreciate it.

BC

dave haase

Farragut Striper Club

Libba, MSA, CCA member

Two months ago I bought another 150 because the price dropped. The seal on the new reel already failed. There is oil leaking out of the reel. I guess they still have problems.

I have a few of the original VS's and did'nt get a letter but would like to read what they have to say. The only problem I have had with these reels is the rollers pitting. But they replace for free , so far.

Guys, We are trying our very best to reach all Van Stall customers. That said the database we inherited is far from perfect and relied mainly on warranty registration card submission from the original owner of purchased reels. Also because the mailer totals in the thousands we have processed them in batches with the first having been sent out last week and the final batch scheduled for the early part of next. If you own a VS product and end up not receiving our letter please do not feel slighted. If you would take a few minutes and email us your address to the customer service link on the VS web site your info will be updated into our customer database. Thanks again to everyone for your continued support. Rick Hersom Van Staal

Rick:

Before I call Scott to complain about my defective 150. I also have problems which yet to be resolved on my two 100vs. The problem is the drags on these reeels. Scott has tried to help me but the result was unsatisfactory. The drags on the 100's are EXTREMLY touchy!! Either the drag is too tight or too loose. After a couple months of use the drag starts to sieze. So when a fish hits your lure you actually have to pull line off the reel to make the drag work effectively.

The question I have is: Are you guys at VS using the same drag cartrige on the 150 and the 100?

If so, you could resolve the problems that plauges many of us by redesign a new drag cart. for the 100.

I will be extremly indebted to you if you can resolves the problem of the drag on the 100's and my defective 150 which is two months old.

thank you,

Kayaker