Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishalicious

Lordship Blast Needle

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

View Postanyone know if paulies in mtk has em, i think i saw them last time i was there. if so ill pick one uup. they do look like great lures with nice action. 18 is about regular.

As far as I know, Paulie does not carry Lordship. Might be worth a call. Ron's (Lordship) plugs are top quality. He is also member here - "Woodbuster"

If Paulie does not carry them, Lordship does have an online shopping site.

View PostA "little" pricey. Meaning that I would think it more of a 12-15 dollar range based on the hardware, paint, and simple design. However, I'm not a plug builder or collector, so maybe I'm off the mark here with no intention to disrespect Lordship. The cost of R&D to finalize the design of this little wiggler maybe the invisible add-in I'm missing. I'm might just to have to pick one of these up to fish on the Cape next week... hmm... chartreuse or white/red head?

Tie a teaser ahead of the plug and hold on! biggrin.gif

I don't think you need a front hook for that plug.

Its intended to be fished when the wind is being blown back down your throat during a nor'easter and the fish are chowing in the white water. Days like that you usually don't have trouble hooking up, with the caveat that you need to get something out there where the fish are and it can be a challenge.

Also that kind of weather usually presents dirty, weedy water and a single hook plug will slip through the weed with less fouling.

These are the days I break out the heavy tins, the Surface Tension plugs, the 2 3/8 oz Super Strike Poppers- the long range stuff.

In fact, the smaller the profile and the heavier the weight the better.

View PostAs far as I know, Paulie does not carry Lordship. Might be worth a call. Ron's (Lordship) plugs are top quality. He is also member here - "Woodbuster"

If Paulie does not carry them, Lordship does have an online shopping site.

Ed, Paulie's definitely has them. I believe Paulie was the one who first asked Ron to make those needles, due to the fact that you couldn't get them from Hab's.

View PostThere are lots of ways to improve that basic design,,, I did it years ago,,, wink.gif

After fishing your small needles I unloaded a few of the old 1.5 oz I had. I got good $ for them and your price is righthighfive.gif

View PostAfter fishing your small needles I unloaded a few of the old 1.5 oz I had. I got good $ for them and your price is righthighfive.gif

Those needles are different,,, but they have been good to me too,,,,

View PostRon's Aggitator spook is a killer plug.

So I've heard. I'm picking one up this winter. There were definitely conditions I fished last season where I was poppin' and should have been spookin'. cool.gif

Ron's plugs are of great quality, he's a great guy and they all caught fish! I have, his eel skin needle, eel skin junior, eel skin 40, regular 40's, several juniors, his Agitator, and a mini-Agitator he made for my son.