Fly Swap Update - Due Date

Rate this topic

JonS

Just a gentle reminder that the due date is Monday. Here's whose flies I have.

1) Joe B.

2) BobPop

3) Tidemaster

4) Austin

5) Myself

This is as of Thursdays mail. My mail comes in the afternoon and I get on the computer in the morning.

Reminder: For those who haven't sent there flies yet. Send a return, self addressed, postage paid envelope so I can send you your flies.

Jon...mine are leaving tomorrow morning...I like deadlines! wink.gif You'll have them Monday morning....and if they get there Tuesday, what's the penalty for a day late? biggrin.gif

Everyone who agreed to do this thing, let's give Jon the respect he deserves for this undertaking and do all we can to get those flies out today, or at the absolute latest, Saturday! I had intended on getting mine out today, but realized that I didn't have a whole dozen 2/0 silicone spearing left?!?! I try to keep 2 to 3 dozen around for selling them, but they had gotten too low (Deadly Dozen's still flyin' out the door!) and now I have to let this last batch finish getting all the way hard before the mailman can have 'em!

Thanks Jon for your efforts, I look forward to checkin' out some of our brother tyers work!

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Whoops...In between the fishin and rod buildin...I forgot all about those flies I was supposed to tie...I'll get down in the dungeon tonight and whip out a dozen and have em in the mail tommorrow morning....

Phil L

As of today, Tuesday morning I've got the 5 sets listed at the beginning of this thread. The teaser swap ran a few weeks over and I expected this swap to also. If everyone tries to get them out by the end of the upcoming weekend or early next week its ok by me. My feeling is that whenever I get them all then we're done. I'm easy. Just don't procrastinate too long. Days are getting nice and the fishing should be excellent soon so I don't think that anyone wants to be tying when they can be fishing. I look forward to seeing everyones creations.

Well at least I am not the last one....if you are going to hold this open till the weekend I will delay mine, I couldnt find my stick on eyes so I didnt put them on and epoxy the heads like I usually do. I can pick up some eyes at lunch and put the eyes on tonight and mail tomorrow.......I would prefer to put my best foot forward here, but I lost the damn eyes frown.gif Mine came out okay, not bad for not being a master tyer like some in the swap......just a simple blue over white decdiver, with silver flash.....

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com

[This message has been edited by John M (edited 05-02-2000).]

I dont feel so bad, I went from being late to being in the middle of the pack smile.gif I put the eyes on last night and epoxied them.......it was tough I was talking to Phil on the phone for the first half and I had my daughter in my arm for tyhe second half.......so a few are not as perfect as I would like....but they will work......they go in the mail this morning....you ahould have them byt the weekend, thanks for runnign this John

------------------

John M

johnm@stripersonline.com