Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ishmael

Anyone ever use this Oxy-Clean type cleaner?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I used the Kirkland brand from Costco and it is great. I tried it on a rug stain my wife couldn't get out and the rug sparkles.

Qxi-clean cost $12 for 12lbs but Kirkland cost under $6 for 15lbs and it is guaranteed to be as good as major brands or your money back.

HappyWave.gifMichaelP Your right about Ajax and Comet being abrasive. Ever hear of Boraxo? It's a OK Ajax/Comet type cleaner that can be used on fiberglass. It's an excellent cleaner to use on windows too. Does a great job on the sled windshield. Also use it to wash windshield wipers. Gets the black grime off which causes streaks. Unless yah like streaking......Oh cripes, did I screw up on this post. redface.gif I was thinking of Bon Ami NOT Boraxo. Boraxo is good stuff (as MichaelP pointed out) but not for use as a fine abrasive.I hope nobody messed up anything by using my bad advice. redface.gif

[This message has been edited by BillB (edited 04-18-2003).]

[ 05-27-2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: BillB ]

BillB, how the heck are you man? Sure I've heard of Boraxo, anyone worth their snot that has put in way too many hours night bluefishing knows about Boraxo. I used to wear sacraficial clothing when I went chumming blues since it came home stinking to high heaven. Then we started mixing up batches of the borax in garbage pails and we'd soak our clothes and shoes in it to get rid of the stink, it worked great!

Now that the Oxy-clean formula has come off patent it is really cheap. I think I now pay about 6 or 7 bucks for the 12# buckets at my local Sam's Club.

------------------

Capt.Mike@StripersOnline.com

It's fantastic on Teak, I've used it on a Patio set and it did a better job than even Teak Bright.

------------------

8ball.gif