bob jones

Danny Pichney Collectors

488 posts in this topic

Here you go, the rest of my new Pichneys! The last pics are of the 3 sizes of surface swimmers he made plus a one of a kind mullet surface swimmer as seen in Bassdozers Pichney collection. The other herring Pichney is supposed to be a surface swimmer but I don't know. I have never seen anything like it? The rest of the photos incude needlefish, trollers, eelys and the first pic is of the Pichneys I use. Steve ( sorry, I put pics in wrong sequence)

View PostHere you go, the rest of my new Pichneys! The last pics are of the 3 sizes of surface swimmers he made plus a one of a kind mullet surface swimmer as seen in Bassdozers Pichney collection. The other herring Pichney is supposed to be a surface swimmer but I don't know. I have never seen anything like it? The rest of the photos incude needlefish, trollers, eelys and the first pic is of the Pichneys I use. Steve ( sorry, I put pics in wrong sequence)

Very nice. BJ

Roy, it's 6 inches long and has a brushed "Pichney" lip. The lip is shaped like no other Pichney I have seen. It looks like a Musso style lip. Also, It's shaped like a Musso torpedo. I just got it in trade and I think I will swim it once in fresh water to see what it does. Dan Pichney's son sold it to my friend in Newpoet 10 years ago when he was visiting there. Dan's son told my friend it was a surface swimmer. Steve

View PostBob, do you have any idea what type of swimmer the herring metal lip in the last pics is?Thanks, Steve

Steve

I actually have the exact same one with the same lip only it's fished. It's in the upper right hand corner of the drawer.

Must've been a special for someone?????

I'm also including a pic of a 7 1/4" bootleg. BJ

Steve,

Looks like a hybrid of a Bootleg (front half), with a convex tail section like a Musso. Lip slot and line tie look too high to be a surface swimmer.

W

BOB, thanks. The bootleg looking plug (mullet) is a one of a kind surface swimmer. (see Bassdozer)The other(herring) is like the one you have. Have you swam it? What does it do? It must be a special or proto type. Russ "Bassdozer" told me that Danny experimented a lot with plugs. Thanks, Steve. PS- nice collection yourself! PPS, I was told that some of Dannys 7 inch surf. swimmers had the same Bootleg shape.

I've also seen a lure shaped like that. it might be a rare donny torpedo in a color I've never seen before or it can be one of these donny style pichneys. I have a picture of it saved to my computer but I won't be home until Saturday morning and I can't get it on my phone.

View PostI've also seen a lure shaped like that. it might be a rare donny torpedo in a color I've never seen before or it can be one of these donny style pichneys. I have a picture of it saved to my computer but I won't be home until Saturday morning and I can't get it on my phone.

Vin , it def. looks like a Musso. Paint is Pichney though. BJ is probably right, something special for a customer. See if you can get that pic. Thanks, Steve

View PostBOB, thanks. The bootleg looking plug (mullet) is a one of a kind surface swimmer. (see Bassdozer)The other(herring) is like the one you have. Have you swam it? What does it do? It must be a special or proto type. Russ "Bassdozer" told me that Danny experimented a lot with plugs. Thanks, Steve. PS- nice collection yourself! PPS, I was told that some of Dannys 7 inch surf. swimmers had the same Bootleg shape.

I have the loop bent down so it swims right on the surface. BJ