bob jones

Danny Pichney Collectors

488 posts in this topic

View PostWere his conrads and slopes made out of rock maple? I think I read that before that they were.

Some were and some were not, the have-nots had lead in them.

very cool collection Steve, now I know why you like them so much. Peanut eel skin toocwm40.gif

View PostSteve

Incredible collection. Gets a little nuts 'color collecting'. Good luck on your trip. BJ

Thanks Bob, I have you to thank for a lot of them. Steve

View Postvery cool collection Steve, now I know why you like them so much. Peanut eel skin toocwm40.gif

Thanks Paul. Yes, the conrad is my all time favorite Pichney plug! Caught alot of bass at a local inlet on them over the years. I presently have 11 new junior models in assorted colors. I just started using the skin peanut conrad as I just acquired a second one to fish. It has been a very productive plug for me this season. It takes a small skin. Steve

View PostSome were and some were not, the have-nots had lead in them.

All the maple ones that i had still had an amount of lead in them when i ripped them apart. Not as much lead as the lighter wood but there was lead in them.

View PostAll the maple ones that i had still had an amount of lead in them when i ripped them apart. Not as much lead as the lighter wood but there was lead in them.

Yeah, the two Re-wired/re-paints that I pictured had no weights.. Not sure what they exactly weigh though...

Sounds like there are quite a few differnet weighted Conrad Jrs. out there..

View PostYeah, the two Re-wired/re-paints that I pictured had no weights.. Not sure what they exactly weigh though...

Sounds like there are quite a few differnet weighted Conrad Jrs. out there..

I believe so. I know Dave Andersen had a few that were weighed differently than what I had. Knowing how danny got his wood, he most likely adjusted that way which is a true master.

I am maticulous about wood consistensy and density. I just could not imagine doing it another way.

View PostAll the maple ones that i had still had an amount of lead in them when i ripped them apart. Not as much lead as the lighter wood but there was lead in them.

All of the Conrads that I have seem to be of different weights? I have one, that I use, that sinks like a stone and casts like a pencil! Others float and others sink slowly while some have neutral buoyancy? They all swim great though, so different than any other plug. Steve

View PostAll of the Conrads that I have seem to be of different weights? I have one, that I use, that sinks like a stone and casts like a pencil! Others float and others sink slowly while some have neutral buoyancy? They all swim great though, so different than any other plug. Steve

Neutral Buoyancy conrad - that is crazy.

Here are some more of my new Pichneys. More to come. Shown in these pics are the juniors ( all sizes) plus a mullet spin atom (at bottom) and the three different sizes of juniors that he made. Also, the atom 40 and the two sizes of Bootlegs. Darters are last. Steve

Curious, is there a large age diff in the darters? Just looks like the lip changes shape between the small and large and the line tie placement seems to change. Or is this is just a difference in the small vs large darter?