Danny Pichney Collectors

bob jones

Hey reelsharp, I was a regular there from 76-81,  I mean several nites a week, so I may have know your dad. I watched and learned from the best of the best back then.  But in those days everyone kept somewhat to themselves especially on Breezy. I still have a couple Pichneys, not bagged but heavily and lightly used. It was a special time.

I know these aren’t Pichneys, but here is a few other from his collection. These need no introduction. He had a truly great collection with many photos

from the 70s/80s with some iconic people, such as Danny. He said he had known them since pre production. The jointed darters pictured are said to be some of Dons first

E9591156-8B35-4ABF-A40A-8C49D493CF51.jpeg

Edited by Sevenstripes

4 hours ago, johnnybocc said:

Hi Paul

you might appreciate this. This is a danny pichney bottle plug. Gold over yellow. It was sent to Donny who verified it was made by Danny. it Is lighter than Donny’s bottle, but check out the resemblance.

28EDF04E-FBEF-48AC-8A1B-4A7356F0968C.jpeg.2fc69f791e272de05d6fb3ed22bab756.jpeg9734D74A-FDC1-46F1-B7A5-85CBD0D7BF2B.jpeg.502f4dbe24d000c0f02099d9e6262327.jpeg

I totally appreciate that little nugget. Neat to know that. They look like same plug to me. That gold over yellow is an interesting color combo too. Going to have to steal that one. Thanks for sharing. I agree Steve it would be nice to know. 

Edited by Steel Pulse

what's the secret word for tonight