Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WBK

End loop

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Looking for a bit of help on creating the end loop on plugs, twisting the through wire 2-3 turns. I would like to go beyond 2 pairs of vice grips. Searched the web for any tool to assist and all I could located were ones that twisted the through wire.kooky.gif

View PostCornbread,

You make it look like it's second nature,

That is one of Skippy's video's. he is a class act and always giving back to the site.

As a noob, having tried several of the prescribed (and unprescribed ) methods, I can say that with just a little practice the round nose pliers method is the way to go.

A good set of cutters (like the ones skippy is using there) really help a lot too. (Crappy cutters make finishing the job suck).

View PostCornbread,

You make it look like it's second nature,

Ha ha - Not quite- that is Skippy in one of the chat videos sharing his skills. I really like this one because he shows how to do all three operations, the nose loop, the hook hanger, and the tail tie. Thanks Skippy! I have made a personal library of many of the "how to" links from the forum. THX- CB

I recently ordered the round plyers from Knipex which were mentioned above. I accidentally ordered 2 pair but didn't follow through on returning the extra set. If you want them, then PM me and we can make a deal.

They work great!

I think that the foil video was supposed to debut on surf chat last Saturday, but Skippy didn't make it on line that night. maybe next week. I am very interested in the foiling one.

View PostI was hoping he would get to the foiling process in the video, do you have that one in your library cornbread?

Don't wait for skippy. Get out there and experiment with foil. You may discover a process or technique that no one has done before.

Even if you fail and mess up your plugs, you will still learn something.cwm15.gif

Too much spoon feeding is no good for you. smile.gif

View PostI was hoping he would get to the foiling process in the video, do you have that one in your library cornbread?

Hi Cherd - there are several threads out there that should give you an idea on how to get started. I've got to get caught up on other stuff I've got going before I dive in to this technique. Here is one I have in my library for starters:

http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...t=foiled+plugs

Think I'm going to start out trialing this on one of my "happy little accident" plugs just for practice.