Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassboy26g

Blackfish

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

It's just a little early for them on the jetties. Are there any jetties in Long Branch you can still get on, I thought they destroyed them allfrown.gif

Give it a couple weeks, then you'll score on them rockssmile.gif

TimS

In Takanasse. Its right next to Takanasse Lake ther's a place called the Takanasse beach club and right behind the beach club is a nice jetty. i dont know if u r allowed to use the club parking lot without membership but people fish the rocks all of the time. There is also another spot down the road called the Ocean Beach Club there is also a good jetty behind there but u need to fish it before it opens or after the club closes.Because u will need membership.

I wouldn't doubt it at all. They have been getting them on the bridges and inshore wrecks in 20-30 feet of water, plus the blues and weaks are in pretty thick in some spots, so I'm sure the water is plenty warm for blackfish. Try clams and worms, they may want those over crabs this early.

------------------

><////(*>

Chris

FWIW,

Please release the females this time of year, you'll be able to tell trust me, their bellies will be fat with roe, especially from shore in relatively shallow water, not to preach but its just a little short term insurance to long term benefits...let em spawn!!!

Over the weekend I was out fishing for tog and we anchored up about a mile off of Long Branch so I figure they should be some near the jetties as well.

Also, please follow BrianZ's well headed advice on releasing the females. A little insurance for keeping these beautiful bucktoothed critters around for your kids to enjoy. I did notice that alot of shorts in the 12-13" range were being caught. Please try to release all shorts and females very carefully...heaving them back into the water or letting them bounce off the rocks is just ignorant and totally disrespectful to yourself and all other fishermen/women.

In Takanasse. Its right next to Takanasse Lake ther's a place called the Takanasse beach club and right behind the beach club is a nice jetty. i dont know if u r allowed to use the club parking lot without membership but people fish the rocks all of the time.

I'm a member at Tak. The best payoff for me is no-hassle parking. wink.gif I keep a junk rod and some tins and bucktails in the cabana, just in case.

Every June you see the people whacking the blackfish off that jetty, but you rarely see them putting them back. Not to profile, but they're usually of Asian descent and (conveniently?) don't speak a word of english. It p*sses me off every time. cwm23.gif

Bassboy, I'll see ya around this summer. wink.gif