Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huckfinn38

Fishpond vests/packs...

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

well made and good looking though they tend to be a bit bulky because they try too hard to cover everything.

So, with a little modification and customizing they can be very useful. A go-to vest for Salt.

That's what happened to me.

I use their dragonfly chest pack. It holds plenty but it is not waterproof so not a great choice for the surf but for 99% of the fishing I do it is perfect.

For freshwater fishing I had the double haul and sold it after a short time. Very well made but in my opinion miserable to fish with. Most of the fishpond packs look good and are well made like I said, but they just have way too many buckles, straps, strings and pockets.... Plus when the double haul is loaded up in the front it sticks out way too far for my liking. I dont fish chest packs too often these days but when I do its a Willy J confluence. Its very streamlined, and although it sticks out in front quite a bit, it doesnt bother me as much as the Fishpond packs I have used. These days I have grown to like hip packs more than anything, I especially like the Simms.

Sage has a couple new packs in the torrent line that are very nice. Our fishpond rep was at the shop the other day and I got to pick through most of the new stuff. Really not alot geared towards salties. I despise chest packs, keep that in mind.