Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeH

Anyone receiving orders from Surfcasters?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

There seems to be some controversy about ordering from surfcasters.The 1-800 wont work for us and they dont want to take an order dialing direct.Anyone getting anything from them lately?They have ALWAYS been on top of things in the past as long as I can remember!

'Tis the season!

As mentioned in an earlier thread, I placed an online order on 3/6..."NOTHING"

It was suggested that I call the toll free number. That did not work out, I got no answer on 2 trys!

I read on another site that the business was sold during the winter?? I will take my business elsewhere.

Are you talking about the surfcaster in ct. If so I had to order 4 small things that tim does not carry. I placed the order at 930 monday morning by phone from nc and they arrived tues pm. The catalogs will be going out in 2 weeks he told me.

There stocks are just in bad supply. If you get lucky and order something they have you get it right away. I guess this is a transitional period between former and current owners. ..but who knows.

Tks for the info.We called direct and my buddy was told to fax in an order.He was talking to an un-named lady.The 1-800 wont work from Canada.I really dont want to have an outstanding order without confermation.This is our buying season.

BTW: for the record,Bill and Barbara have always been very good to deal with and it was always a pleasure to order from them and expect a prompt shipment.I hope that the service will continue and alls well with them.

Also,I have been ordering from TIMS online when he has the product that I want and have already placed 2 orders this year,so far!(I gotta stop reading everyone's product reviews and convincing myself that our fish would rather see this stuff instead of the mountain of gear that I already have)

FYI;

I received an e-mail shipping confirmation on my order this morning. The was no information available on this order since 3/6/04, then out of nowhere comes the confirmation.

It may just be that inventory levels are low.

I owe an apology;

It seems that my Surfcasters order was held up because of lack of inventory. The new owners apologized for the delay.

All this could have been avoided with a little communication.

Glad to hear that......I've ordered from them for close to 10 years and they've always been GREAT.

Nice/honest people who [at times] are frustrated with their suppliers.

Tough business!

JimD