Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ctnguyen412

10.5 mojo + Stradic or Slammer or Conquer?

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

I like them all.I would go with your intuition the first one is usually right.Which one most closely matches your line capacity and needs?Then go by what features are the most important to you.Most people will agree the Slammer and Conquer are better if they are going to see salt on a regular basis.The Slammer and Conquer are all aluminum including the rotor and sideplate,the Stradic has a aluminum main frame with a graphite rotor and sideplate but has the famed Shimano aero wrap II oscillation system and paladin gear durability enhancement along with the propulsion spool lip.Even Shimanos new high end Thunnus no longer comes with aero wrap II oscillation.frown.gif

I used to use the Conquer 7000 on my Mojo 2-6 and it was a perfect fit. Now I use the Conquer on my Legend 2-6 and it's another perfect fit. I have a Slammer 460 on the Mojo now - I like the Conquer much better.

Stradic 8000, just remember to rinse it with soap and water after every trip since technicaly it's a freshwater reel. I have one and love it. Or you could even do one better for about the same price and get the Saragosa 8000 this is made for the salt and I believe Shimano makes a bailess kit for it. Good luck.

View PostStradic 8000, just remember to rinse it with soap and water after every trip since technicaly it's a freshwater reel. I have one and love it. Or you could even do one better for about the same price and get the Saragosa 8000 this is made for the salt and I believe Shimano makes a bailess kit for it. Good luck.

Hmm. I juat got my 2nd stradic the other day. I now have a 4000fi and a 5000fi. They are paired with a 7' and 8' SC, respectively. I'll look into the Saragosa. I like to keep my setup light as possible.

On another note. I usually only rinse my reels/rod with water without soap after every saltwater trip. Do I necessary need the soap? Thanks

I just put my 2 month old Conquer on ebay, what a piece of crap. After it sells I will post the problem with it and what Penn did to fix it. After 45 years of using a Penn I am switching to Stradics.

View PostI can't decide which of the 3 reels to pair up with my 10.5 2-6 mojo.

Conquer 7000 18oz

Stradic 8000 19oz

Slammer 560 19.9oz

I have the stradic and the slammer in the above sizes. They are both nice. The stradic weighs a little more than stated by the way at 20.5 oz.

The only thing that drived me nutz about my stradic is than the handle knob is sloppy. There's just some play in it. The sustain's knob is better. The penn has a cheaper muti piece bail. All in all I like my stradic better. It casts further too.

I own all 3 of the reels that you are contemplating. If I had to pick one of the

3, it would be the Stradic. If you were willing to stray away from those 3 models, I would just buy the Saragosa and be done with it. I just picked up

a 6000, and it is like the stradic, but saltwater tough!! To me, the paladin

gearing is so important for smoothness and longevity.