Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NS Mike D

Hoping For Failure for the US

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

I recall reading posts here explaining that a person could not honesty be telling the truth about a position and that deep down he was hoping the US would fail to fit in a Blame Bush agenda.

I could not understand for the life on me how anyone could wish for failure of a US President and American Policy, especially involving sensitive foreign matters, so that the other party could gain. To me that seemed like a selfish, unpatriotic and borderline psychotic concept. How could you think that about someone.

But now it is starting to make sense. If you are capable of something, you can see others doing it too. Case in point, a ran across a headline in a C&P here that really bothered me. It appeared to be gloating in Obama failure, basking in hope it would translate in to Republican gain, and the expense of our national security.

it was an article on foreign policy,

Obama is zero for four and Republicans are sitting pretty

actual headline ^^^^

Now I understand why republicans imposed the opinion that the dems wanted us to fail in Iraq. It's part of their make up.

I don't see how your conclusion follows. Imposed? If you are capable of something, you can see others doing it too? I don't see how that makes sense at all.

View PostI recall reading posts here explaining that a person could not honesty be telling the truth about a position and that deep down he was hoping the US would fail to fit in a Blame Bush agenda.

I could not understand for the life on me how anyone could wish for failure of a US President and American Policy, especially involving sensitive foreign matters, so that the other party could gain. To me that seemed like a selfish, unpatriotic and borderline psychotic concept. How could you think that about someone.

But now it is starting to make sense. If you are capable of something, you can see others doing it too. Case in point, a ran across a headline in a C&P here that really bothered me. It appeared to be gloating in Obama failure, basking in hope it would translate in to Republican gain, and the expense of our national security.

it was an article on foreign policy,

Obama is zero for four and Republicans are sitting pretty

actual headline ^^^^

Now I understand why republicans imposed the opinion that the dems wanted us to fail in Iraq. It's part of their make up.

Obama is the one that wanted to fail in Iraq. The SOB voted to de fund the Iraq Army for chrissakes. Then he told everybody he'd do it again.

View PostI don't see how your conclusion follows. Imposed? If you are capable of something, you can see others doing it too? I don't see how that makes sense at all.

telling someone they even though that said they want US to succede in Iraq, they really must want the US to lose in Iraq since they want Bush to fail.

made no sense.

why would you think someone would want the US to fail so the president would look bad.

now I get it.

View Posttelling someone they even though that said they want US to succede in Iraq, they really must want the US to lose in Iraq since they want Bush to fail.

made no sense.

why would you think someone would want the US to fail so the president would look bad.

now I get it.

If Obama and his policies fail, the USA wins, and vice versa. And thats the deal. He has one BIG homerun in the takeover of the medical biz. I hope its his last.

View PostHe has one BIG homerun in the takeover of the medical biz. I hope its his last.

Can that be repealed, if the repubs get the numbers.

It needs either dumping or rewriting to get most of the political exemptions out.

View PostIf Obama and his policies fail, the USA wins, and vice versa. And thats the deal. He has one BIG homerun in the takeover of the medical biz. I hope its his last.

Exactly. Hoping for Obama success is hoping for the destruction of a nation our ancestors fought for and died to build.

1. Iraq

2. Iran

3. Afghanistan

4. Israel-Palestine

these are the four policies the author was saying the republicans should cheer for failure

pom poms

Mike, you are making an illogical conclusion: that the failure of Obama is a failure of US policy//best interests. There are many here (and according to the latest polls over half of America) believe that obama is doing damage to the country.

Rooting for him to fail may actually BE in the best interest of the country. This clown is a simpleton who is in WAY above his head.

What is so hard to understand about that??

how can anyone cheer for failure in afghanistan?

You know, I wanted the four years to fly, but the republicans keep filling their cesspool with more ***** in the name of God and Country.

I have no desire to associate with anyone who cheers those four policy failures for any reason.

View Post1. Iraq

2. Iran

3. Afghanistan

4. Israel-Palestine

these are the four policies the author was saying the republicans should cheer for failure

pom poms

I don't think it's as much hope for failure as it is recognition that policies have failed so that those policies will change direction. Obama began most of his foreign policies by extending an olive branch, some say for too long. Recognizing that the approach failed should cause a change of course which I believe is beginning to happen.

I don't think there is any question that Obama does not want to be a war time President. He is basically following the same tactics as Bush's team but seems unengaged. For better or worse, he is much more interested in a domestic agenda.

On Iraq I almost threw up in mouth when Obama took credit for next months withdrawal as something he promised. The withdrawal was negotiated years ago under Bush and the surge deserves a lot of credit for Iraq's recent success. Remember we are also keeping 50K troops there under what is basically a Bush era plan. Add to that Bidens complete flip flop on Iraq and Reids claim that we have lost and it's easy to see why it irks supporters of the surge.

did you read the title of the article

using sports score references?

"sitting pretty"

effing americans are dying, and this author takes the opportunity to see it as a republican windfall, mad.gif

I have no printable words

View PostI don't think it's as much hope for failure as it is recognition that policies have failed so that those policies will change direction. Obama began most of his foreign policies by extending an olive branch, some say for too long. Recognizing that the approach failed should cause a change of course which I believe is beginning to happen.

I don't think there is any question that Obama does not want to be a war time President. He is basically following the same tactics as Bush's team but seems unengaged. For better or worse, he is much more interested in a domestic agenda.

On Iraq I almost threw up in mouth when Obama took credit for next months withdrawal as something he promised. The withdrawal was negotiated years ago under Bush and the surge deserves a lot of credit for Iraq's recent success. Remember we are also keeping 50K troops there under what is basically a Bush era plan. Add to that Bidens complete flip flop on Iraq and Reids claim that we have lost and it's easy to see why it irks supporters of the surge.

View PostI don't think it's as much hope for failure as it is recognition that policies have failed so that those policies will change direction. Obama began most of his foreign policies by extending an olive branch, some say for too long. Recognizing that the approach failed should cause a change of course which I believe is beginning to happen.

"The Surge" only happened because of Democrat and Republicans voters with half a brain