Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LISurfcaster

Tactical Angler Lures

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Had a chance to see the lures up close and personal today. The pencil looks very similar in overall shape to the larger Cotton Cordell however its through-wired, has rattles and the gill design and looks like it will cast a mile. You can work them like a needle at night. It looks like a real good alternative to the Yo Zuri Surface Cruiser. The darter is 3 oz. and also looks like it will case a mile, also through wired and based on the slope on the front of the lure looks like it will get down in the water column. The large popper looks like an ideal lure for late fall conditions and will cut through any wind. This lure should kick up some major water...and look at those eyes.

NOTE: These pictures from my camera do not do any justice to the paint job. The lures that I saw had a silver bottom that blended into pink on the side and then had a green top.

The lures are apparently being packaged with delivery expected towards the end of the month (and hopefully sooner).

As with any new product, time will tell however these look like major fish catchers. Looking forward to seeing the small pouch in person too...

RS

The nose loop on the darter looks intersting. It'smounted, like you can bend it like that on a ML swimmer. Anyone know if it was designed to be adjusted up or down for more or less dig??

the prototypes looked good when Al showed them to me at the Oaks show in Feb... but they look even better... going to enjoy tossing them into the surf on my SS111 this fall...

great job Al !!! beers.gif

View PostHow thick?

sorry... but i don't know in any absolute quantitative measure...

but what i could tell from handling the prototypes for a couple minutes is that it felt nice, hefty, and solid even when compared to my fav x-large X-raps, which are about the thickest plastic i've seen used on a mass produced plastic plug. Al's plugs are big too... the ones i handled had the heft of a nice wood of comparable size. felt like they had 'big balls' for the rattle too... biggrin.gif Al also mentioned he designed in a good degree of splash on the retrieve from the gill notches...

Will they be sold with hooks? If so, do you know which ones?

A dressed siwash for the tail hook is what I'm expecting, if there are any hooks at all - which wouldn't surprise me at all if they are sold without hooks.

Darter looks real nice... Along the lines of the 3 oz BM... Wide front slope... Although I'm not sure if the BM has the long bottom lip like these do.. Still real nice. clapping.gif

I think I remember al saying they won't be sold with hooks because people have there own hook preferences as well as the poppers could be used for tuna so the hooks would be changed anyway. Or something to that extent.. The prototypes I saw in the spring looked great.I've been waiting for these to hit the shelves,I want to pick up one of those darters

View PostHad a chance to see the lures up close and personal today. The pencil looks very similar in overall shape to the larger Cotton Cordell however its through-wired, has rattles and the gill design and looks like it will cast a mile. You can work them like a needle at night. It looks like a real good alternative to the Yo Zuri Surface Cruiser. The darter is 3 oz. and also looks like it will case a mile, also through wired and based on the slope on the front of the lure looks like it will get down in the water column. The large popper looks like an ideal lure for late fall conditions and will cut through any wind. This lure should kick up some major water...and look at those eyes.

NOTE: These pictures from my camera do not do any justice to the paint job. The lures that I saw had a silver bottom that blended into pink on the side and then had a green top.

Attachment 383200

Attachment 383201

The lures are apparently being packaged with delivery expected towards the end of the month (and hopefully sooner).

As with any new product, time will tell however these look like major fish catchers. Looking forward to seeing the small pouch in person too...

RS

man those are sweet looking. Where can I get some?