The Last Family Outing

Rate this topic

J

It is kinda sad J.

Keeping a family together is very hard work...there maybe nothing harder. I am reminded of that and tested constantly.

There are many who throw in the towel quite easily, and others, like you, that give it their best to the very end. And that is all you can do.

Good luck, chin up, be there for the kids...you may no longer be a husband, but you're still a dad...

Thanks Gary.

In a way,I'll always be a husband too, an x-husband. In as much as we will both continue to be parents to these boys, we will always be linked.

The fact we are maintaining joint residency here complicates matters even more.

We spent a lot of time mediating the parameters to this and I think we have most of the bases covered. Only time will tell if it works. If it doesn't, there are bail options for both of us. One thing is certain, the boys will stay in the house until the youngest graduates unless we both agree to something else. Veto rights are held by both of us when it comes to relocating the boys. If either of us wants to leave, the boys stay with the parent not relocating...

I've no issues with what she does in her new single life and neither does she of mine. 26 years together gave us one thing and that was the ability to look past hurt feelings and do what is best for the kids.

I hope it all works out and I know a lot of things can go wrong but with no real animosity between us, we seem to cooperate pretty well. There are times that emotions get in the way but usually they are manageable.