Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SurfGuy85

Curado 200E7 trouble

5 posts in this topic

after years of fishing what i consider sub-standard baitcasters i finally dumped some cash into a curado. i first spooled up with 10lb braid only to find the reel backlashing under even the tightest setting. i spooled mono on after and the reel worked beautifully. i want braid on the reel and i think the reel's exceptionally smooth free spool and high performance might actually be contributing to the back lash problems when using braid. my last option is to mess with the magnetic weight system however i haven't done this with a curado before. If anyone understands how to calibrate the reel it would be a big help, the directions are vastly insufficient. thanks for any help, heres a hand full of some fish this season enjoy smile.gif

View Postafter years of fishing what i consider sub-standard baitcasters i finally dumped some cash into a curado. i first spooled up with 10lb braid only to find the reel backlashing under even the tightest setting. i spooled mono on after and the reel worked beautifully. i want braid on the reel and i think the reel's exceptionally smooth free spool and high performance might actually be contributing to the back lash problems when using braid. my last option is to mess with the magnetic weight system however i haven't done this with a curado before. If anyone understands how to calibrate the reel it would be a big help, the directions are vastly insufficient. thanks for any help, heres a hand full of some fish this season enjoy smile.gif

when you say magnetic weight system do you mean the brake system? the new curados have a centrifugal system which is simple. once you open up the side plate the pins have to be "popped up", push them all the way down to turn that one off, I would say if youre having trouble with backlashes maybe try to turn on 4 or 5 of them. I have the 201e7 and use braid on it but not 10lb, I have used 20 and 30lb PP on mine and I have never had an issue with them, maybe the diameter of the 10lb is the issue? also make sure the tension knob is set accordingly also, as a rule of thumb try to have it set so when you release the spool the lure falls but very very slowly.

hope this helps, if you need me to take pictures of the breaking system inside of mine and how I do it I will be more than happy to post some pictures of it later when I am home.

its definitely the diameter of the braid which is causing the problems. I wont go any lower on my citica than 10 lb mono diameter, which equates to about 30-40 lb braid. Its almost like saying your putting 2-4 lb mono on your baitcaster and expecting it not to get twisted. For spinning tackle, 10 lb braid is great, its what I use, but on my caster, I use 12 lb Gamma and have never had a problem. It does not have as much stretch as mono and it is pretty abrasive resistant. Bottom Line, go with high poundage braid or stick with a mono or copoly around 10-15 pound

3 up, 3 down is usually a good starting point. Also when using that light of braid you may also have a problem with the line digging into itself. I personally only have one baitcaster with braid on it and its 50lb PP(frog set-up). Also that reel is a curado 200D.

View Postits definitely the diameter of the braid which is causing the problems. I wont go any lower on my citica than 10 lb mono diameter, which equates to about 30-40 lb braid. Its almost like saying your putting 2-4 lb mono on your baitcaster and expecting it not to get twisted. For spinning tackle, 10 lb braid is great, its what I use, but on my caster, I use 12 lb Gamma and have never had a problem. It does not have as much stretch as mono and it is pretty abrasive resistant. Bottom Line, go with high poundage braid or stick with a mono or copoly around 10-15 pound

the baitcaster photoed is an old old diawa cheapo. forgive me, i ment 10lb diameter, i bumped it up to 14 with the same troubles, the other guys were right. i fooled with the little weights and solved my issues. thanks for the response