Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryan Guthrie

Ortley Fishing????

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

View PostMy co-workers is going down to Ortley for vacation next week. What is her best bet for catching a fish surf casting?

Thanks,

Ryan

Fluke, fluke and more fluke. Maybe some cocktail blues as well. But i'd stick to fluking.

I usually have a clam on a spiked rod for my kids and I walk around pluggin with fin-s and teasers... They usually get more fish - robins, sharks, gazers etc... Sometimes we all get NOTHING

Was down along the shore above seaside last weekend. Seemed fluke were in the surf, took bucktail/teaser combos, but liked the squid too. Used clam and caught skates, robins, and must of had a ray on, but got off. Did not get a chance to rake for calico crabs but will on Friday thru Monday this week. Even had another big hit on a high-low clam, with amber glow calico crab gulp on, seems they liked the fake crab anyway. Imagine a fresh crab. Cocktails blues about 2 lbs were hitting the shore within casting distance, so have the diamond jig with a red or green tube ready at the helm. Didn't get a chance to chuck at dusk to midnight, but will try during the month. Also caught a stargazer on a crocodile spoon, now that's one ugly looking fish. Good luck !!!biggrin.gif