Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
passiton

The boy done good!

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I watched my son spend 20 minutes trying to revive a small pickerel he caught. It didn't make it, so I explained that it would be used as food by someting else in the lake. He listened, nodded, and ran off to play without being bothered much by it.

Cares enough to respect his catch, but not ready break out his PETA card and bawl because of an unavoidable mistake. He even told me that he thought the treble hook on the PantherMartin should be changed out for a single so releasing would be easier. Good stuff!

Cool. You've taught him well. icon14.gif My son did the something similar with some native brookies that swallowed the hook over the w/e. He unsnapped the swivel and tok the pre-snelled hook off and let the fish go. he even knew that you need to leave a long leader to prevent food bloackage in the fishes mouth.

View PostCool. You've taught him well. icon14.gif My son did the something similar with some native brookies that swallowed the hook over the w/e. He unsnapped the swivel and tok the pre-snelled hook off and let the fish go. he even knew that you need to leave a long leader to prevent food bloackage in the fishes mouth.

nice, must have an uncle that taught him well...

View Postnice, must have an uncle that taught him well...

jackkass. cwm27.gif

if he would have listened to his father a little on Saturday, he would have landed his personal best trout, a rainbow easily 5 pounds. As it was, we saw that fish again Sunday swiming arouond with my husky jerk still in it's mouth. cwm13.gif