Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surfsharpie

fishing report

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Hi Guys. I am new to the forum. I teach highschool science in NY, so I am fortunate to live my summers in RI. I have a 22ft Wellcraft docked in Pt Judith Pond. I do pretty well for fluke, seabass, blues etc..but I still cant catch Stripers consistantly. I troll umbrellas,tube and worms, fish live porgies,eels etc. And still I am not very sucessfull.. I have caught a striper here and there but nothing huge.. I have come to the realization that when it comes to striper fishing I am about as usefull as testicles on a priest! I know you arent supposed to mention specific spots on here, but I typically fish that hole that is deep by Matunuck, some spot with a few cottages, and a reef off some hill that is green or something.. Anyhow Id be willing to take some one out if they thought they could show me what the hell I am doing wrong. I still dont feel comfortable taking my boat out at night so that is probably part of the problem. I am 29 and straight.. probably not necessary to mention, i just didnt want someone getting the wrong idea and think I was looking for some sort of exotic homosexual rendevous! Any advice,or somebody takin me up on my offer would be appreciated.

I respectfully disagree w/ Bristol. Although the general rule of thumb is night time is the right time this time of year, you most definitly don't need to be out at night to boat them conisitently. Location, tide stage and technique are key to catching during daylight hours.

Unfortunatley, putting them in the boat is not as easy as many shore guys ( of which I am one as well) make it seem. It takes knowledge, effort and determination.

The price to catch, is paid with time on the water and knowledge gained, there are no discounts and few coupons.

Good luck.

View PostI respectfully disagree w/ Bristol. Although the general rule of thumb is night time is the right time this time of year, you most definitly don't need to be out at night to boat them conisitently. Location, tide stage and technique are key to catching during daylight hours.

Unfortunatley, putting them in the boat is not as easy as many shore guys ( of which I am one as well) make it seem. It takes knowledge, effort and determination.

The price to catch, is paid with time on the water and knowledge gained, there are no discounts and few coupons.

Good luck.

Not saying you can't catch in the daytime, but like you say it's more difficult find them and get them to bite. They can turn on/off at the drop of a dime.

View PostNot saying you can't catch in the daytime, but like you say it's more difficult find them and get them to bite. They can turn on/off at the drop of a dime.

Absoutlely agree. Sunday a.m. was just that way. Marked them but couldn't get them to eat at the first spot. Moved on, picked a few in teens and some ledge monsters. Went back to the same spot 90 minutes later into the tide and the feed bag was on for every drift for 45 minutes, then shut right down again. Persistence and patience prevails.

View PostMy buddy caught a 30 lber or better at 3 am on a white SS darter. lots of nice fish around guys.

I caught a 3 lber or better on an eel colored needle at 9PM. Quiet where I was...

View PostHi Guys. I am new to the forum. I teach highschool science in NY, so I am fortunate to live my summers in RI. I have a 22ft Wellcraft docked in Pt Judith Pond. I do pretty well for fluke, seabass, blues etc..but I still cant catch Stripers consistantly. I troll umbrellas,tube and worms, fish live porgies,eels etc. And still I am not very sucessfull.. I have caught a striper here and there but nothing huge.. I have come to the realization that when it comes to striper fishing I am about as usefull as testicles on a priest! I know you arent supposed to mention specific spots on here, but I typically fish that hole that is deep by Matunuck, some spot with a few cottages, and a reef off some hill that is green or something.. Anyhow Id be willing to take some one out if they thought they could show me what the hell I am doing wrong. I still dont feel comfortable taking my boat out at night so that is probably part of the problem. I am 29 and straight.. probably not necessary to mention, i just didnt want someone getting the wrong idea and think I was looking for some sort of exotic homosexual rendevous! Any advice,or somebody takin me up on my offer would be appreciated.

Block Island at nite with eels. Take me and I'll show you the ways.looky.gif

View PostI would hope it was better than 3lbs . biggrin.gif

Might have topped the scales at 5 lbs. The needle was nearly as big, and we're talkin ocean front.headscratch.gif

Redlite.. Id love to take you to the block at night.. the only problem is I'm not sure if we would ever make it back alive!( only slightly kidding) .. to everyone else thanks for the encouragement!

View PostHi Guys. I am new to the forum. I teach highschool science in NY, so I am fortunate to live my summers in RI. I have a 22ft Wellcraft docked in Pt Judith Pond. I do pretty well for fluke, seabass, blues etc..but I still cant catch Stripers consistantly. I troll umbrellas,tube and worms, fish live porgies,eels etc. And still I am not very sucessfull.. I have caught a striper here and there but nothing huge.. I have come to the realization that when it comes to striper fishing I am about as usefull as testicles on a priest! I know you arent supposed to mention specific spots on here, but I typically fish that hole that is deep by Matunuck, some spot with a few cottages, and a reef off some hill that is green or something.. Anyhow Id be willing to take some one out if they thought they could show me what the hell I am doing wrong. I still dont feel comfortable taking my boat out at night so that is probably part of the problem. I am 29 and straight.. probably not necessary to mention, i just didnt want someone getting the wrong idea and think I was looking for some sort of exotic homosexual rendevous! Any advice,or somebody takin me up on my offer would be appreciated.

I dont know anything bout boat fishing. lol but if ya ever need a buddy to go out fishing with shoot me a pm.