Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheEternaString

Roof Rack for a 2008 Liberty

6 posts in this topic

I sent Thule a question about getting a base rack for my 2008 Jeep Liberty because I couldn't find a model on their fitguide. Apparently the customer service rep did the same thing I did, putting my Jeep into the fitguide and told me he couldn't find anything. So there is no rack for me according to him. I have the real side rails, not the odd tracks that comes on some of the Liberty. I know there are feet and cross bars that will fit. Does anyone know what kind and where I can get them at a decent price? Thanks very much.

Thank you for your help... I checked justforjeeps, and the crossbars are back ordered from mopar. Fortunately, after some needling, the rep from Thule found two base racks that work for me. Surprise. So now I have my options... I also checked out the Yakima Railgrab system and that's supposed to fit also. It doesn't look very solid to me though. Anyone have experience with them?

i gotta get some pics of mine. i used 13/16" unistrut for cross bars and made a 4 rod locking rack that bolts on. if you dont really inspect it, it looks like thule cross bars. rods are secured with 1 big ass master lock. i want to remove my factory rack and built a longer flat rack that i can really put some stuff on. this was quick and cheap for me.