Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Otter

burd

Rate this topic

84 posts in this topic

well, hes probably a hawk or maybe a robin or something. quick sucker. good eater. i saw my little guy tear assin down the street with a critter net, yup, sister spotted a fugitive. sent him for the net and just like that another guest. i think he's got a bad paw, look at the left wing nice and tight

now look at the right

little droopy thar i think. it was very noticeable at 1st, i thought he was gonna be weak but after some rest, he seems able to flap strong and is very jumpy and active (judging by the half hour gopher chase in garage clutter). if the wings ok it will be a quick win, eating bugs and worms like a champ on day 1. but anything special you can do to shore up a loose wing with zip ties and popsicle sticks or?

Looks pretty alert. I have caught more than one that surprised me. In a couple of days they were ready to go.

I have no advice to give.

Good job folks for giving him/her a chance.highfive.gif

Dennissmile.gif

View PostI shot an unidentified non federally protected avian creature of some sort out my puter window offhand at 75 meters with a .17 HMR last winter. Mr. Rabbinowitz my neighbor with bird **** on his car every morning thanked me.

JR you might want to change that one your self a little bit.

View PostJR you might want to change that one your self a little bit.

You're right..it was crow. cwm27.gif and btw...me boys down this way kill all crows we can and the boys up north kill all the wolf...I mean coyotes they can. cwm15.gifhighfive.gif

I think you need to add a Peterson's Field Manual to your home library. If you don't have one for Eastern birds, I'll send you mine. You can send me 10 lbs of Taylor Ham in the return package. K?

we have google and we're not afraid to use it beers.gif

i think this guys ready to bounce. little sister wont hear of it, not yet! i worry about her i think she's a candidate for munchausen by parrot

write your name on it headscratch.gif

not happening, he's too frosty. this guy needs to be making moves out on the street and isnt afraid to walk away from us in 30 seconds flat if he feels the heat (or dog) around the corner.

she wants ducks. my mom told her about the tale of yore when we hatched/raised ducks with my sister. now she is all about it but i told her not until we get a shed. soemhow that doesnt compute, looks up shed/incubator plans on the web. ya know you can get 9 fertilized duck eggs for $60 dad? yup, duck eggs dot calm. i think this is a stop gap for quackers