Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoIslanders

NJ Stores and clubs

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Where can I pick up some saltwater flies (and advice) in NJ? I am really new to fly fishing and not tying...yet.

Additionally, what clubs for fly anglers are out there in NJ?

One of the Best is Atlantic Fly Fishing Club Bob Popovics a member along with some big name Fly fishers. Don't know if it's in your area ( Seaside Park ) But if it's close That's the club you want to belong to.

What FTG said. I'm moving back toNJ and that is Item #1 on my schedule. Join the Atlantic Saltwater Fly Rodders

www.aswf.com.

they have monthy meetings adn are the friendliest club I have ever encountered.

I raised my family in the Highlands and fished the twon rivers Shrewsbury and Navesink Rivers. the ASWF are a unique institution and tey welcome new members.

View PostCheck out tightlines in Pine Brook. They are about 30 minutes north of you on 46 west.

Tightlines is excellent. Great bunch of guys, introduced me to tube flies. I wish I lived closer to them. They're having a demo of the new Loomis rods tomorrow if I wasn't heading out to Cabela's tomorrow I'd stop by.

I agree with the gentleman that mentioned Coastal Flyrodders........great club and very, very friendly.

Also, in Paramus, NJ stop at Ramsey Outdoor. They have a very knowledegable and experienced staff, a great selection of product and you can even cast the fly rods. Stop in on Tuesday or Thursday nights and speak to one of the best fly tyers/fisherman in the area. When you go any of the guys can help you, but the guys with the most experience in the salt are Teddy, Ryan and Darren.

Good luck!