Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Fat Panther

How do you do it?

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

How do all of you adults go through a divorce after being someone for even 20+ years... Maybe I'm just 16 but that seems crazy to me.

Granted I don't know much but 2 months hurts a lot... Can't imagine what you guys do.

So what do you do?

And I would like to play my no ball busting card on this one.

-Tommy

don't know about 20 years, but I broke up with a girl after about 3 and sure it sucked. I just went out with the guys, drank and got some stranger.....all better!

It sucks. I fell into a deep depression, drank and sat around waiting for her to come back. Never went anywhere, stop doing the things I enjoyed. redface.gif

Then one day on a fishing trip with my dad I relized life was to short. Came home and dumped all the alcohol, told her to **** or get off the pot. She got off the pot, but luckly I flushed it, lost $10,000 and I've been alot happier since.

Quite honestly if it wasn't for my friends(including SOL), family I really don't know what would have happened. There was days I went to work hungover with alcohol still in my system and nobody knew. redface.gif

Only regret at this point was I had to give up Duke. That killed me more then anything out of the whole thing.

View PostHow do all of you adults go through a divorce after being someone for even 20+ years... Maybe I'm just 16 but that seems crazy to me.

Granted I don't know much but 2 months hurts a lot... Can't imagine what you guys do.

So what do you do?

And I would like to play my no ball busting card on this one.

-Tommy

I threaten to feed them to alligators. It always works. cwm15.gif

View PostIt sucks. I fell into a deep depression, drank and sat around waiting for her to come back. Never went anywhere, stop doing the things I enjoyed. redface.gif

Then one day on a fishing trip with my dad I relized life was to short. Came home and dumped all the alcohol, told her to **** or get off the pot. She got off the pot, but luckly I flushed it, lost $10,000 and I've been alot happier since.

Quite honestly if it wasn't for my friends(including SOL), family I really don't know what would have happened. There was days I went to work hungover with alcohol still in my system and nobody knew. redface.gif

Only regret at this point was I had to give up Duke. That killed me more then anything out of the whole thing.

frown.gif Who was duke?

Duke is his dog.

I was never married, but had a girl I considered my wife. 8 1/2 years together. Lived together for 5. I considered her my wife. She up and split one day. Hurt me real bad. I drank a lot. I mean a LOT. For months. Ended up shafted out lots of money that she just used me for. Stuck with bills I couldn't pay. Drove around with a kayak, tent and fishing gear for a weak with no direction. Just wondered, fished, drank and built enormous fires. All alone. Best vacation I ever had. Never could have done that with her around. Made me happy. Then I started realizing how much of her **** I wasn't putting up with anymore. All things heal in time. Almost all things.

Oh yeah, then she got knocked up, the father ran off. She waits tables for no money, lives with her parents and is pretty much miserable. Best years of her life were spent with me. Mine keep getting better. **** her. biggrin.gif

I still think about her a lot though. I really hope things turn out alright for her, though I can't help feeling a little vindicated since she really ****ed me over. Thing is she's not the person who I fell in love with. She is a completely different person. I watched her become that person. Sort of a Skywalker/vader kind of thing except she's a chick. cwm8.gif

Wish the kid had a dad though. frown.gif

View PostDuke is his dog.

I was never married, but had a girl I considered my wife. 8 1/2 years together. Lived together for 5. I considered her my wife. She up and split one day. Hurt me real bad. I drank a lot. I mean a LOT. For months. Ended up shafted out lots of money that she just used me for. Stuck with bills I couldn't pay. Drove around with a kayak, tent and fishing gear for a weak with no direction. Just wondered, fished, drank and built enormous fires. All alone. Best vacation I ever had. Never could have done that with her around. Made me happy. Then I started realizing how much of her **** I wasn't putting up with anymore. All things heal in time. Almost all things.

Oh yeah, then she got knocked up, the father ran off. She waits tables for no money, lives with her parents and is pretty much miserable. Best years of her life were spent with me. Mine keep getting better. **** her. biggrin.gif

I still think about her a lot though. I really hope things turn out alright for her, though I can't help feeling a little vindicated since she really ****ed me over. Thing is she's not the person who I fell in love with. She is a completely different person. I watched her become that person. Sort of a Skywalker/vader kind of thing except she's a chick. cwm8.gif

Wish the kid had a dad though. frown.gif

Never be a dog that eats it's vomit. cwm15.gif Glad things are looking better. icon14.gif

Dealing with a divorce is a lot worse then breaking up with a GF. When I went through mine, and it was my idea, I felt like crap. First I hated her then I realized I didn't but I also realized we weren't a good fit. Once that time passed...it was about a month...things were ok. We kept in touch for a while until she met a guy that was perfect for her and she didn't think we'd get along. Saw them out once, said hi, he wanted to hide but all I could say was "she never was as happy with me as she is with you, you must be one hell of a guy". He relaxed, I said my goodbyes and never saw them again. Of course I was leaving the state but that was it.

During that month low I realized who my friends were and who weren't. Man, lot of fair weather people out there. I ended up adopting a stray cat just so I'd have something to come home to at night, something that didn't give me lip and gave me stuff, like dead mice. biggrin.gif

It's never freaking easy. frown.gif

View Post Mine keep getting better. **** her. biggrin.gif

Zactly. **** her.

Hey OP - we all had puppy love when we were young. Part of growing up dude. It's a great part of ute.