Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crowconor

fishing help

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

i surfcast alot, and i never really seem to catch much, i go to hull gut alot but all i catch is dogfish and skate, is there any chance someone could tell me a good spot to fish near hanover. i know everyone gets mad at spot burning but im only 17 and i just want somewhere to fish where this is actually fish, thanks

are you just soaking bait? I would try working some tins, I bet there are some blues around. I understand your 17, but putting in the time and finding your own spot is IMO, the way to go. Once you finally hook a blue/bass/flounder it will be an awesome feeling. Have you tried any working bucktails for flounder?

depends of what your rod rating is, whats your set up? I use 1-2oz bucktails, usually white, with porkride/squid/gulp on the hook, check the thread "bucktailing" in the main forum or research it on youtube/google/books to learn how. I also always throw hopkins shorties,kastmaster, T-hex, rangers for blues.

I would fish someplace more managable than hull gut when you are starting out. The current is very strong in that place. Some good places without "spot info" is Duxbury bay, Weymouth Back river and Quincy bay. I 've fished all these places and caught fish. Learn whcih tide is best for the method using. You also need to fish many of these places at night or early morning since the heat and boat traffic make the fish head for deeper holes. Put in your time and it will pay off. I'm doing that now fishing the canal for the first time. I have over 25 years of saltwater fishing experience but I still ask questions, read etc but there is still no substitute for time on the water. Good luck and the fish will come!