The Jaws Effect

Rate this topic

L3gend Angler

In the '70's my mom had drag me out of the water kicking and screaming. I could ride waves all day. I had a permenant layer of salt on my skin for I loved the surf.

But that DAMN movie came out. It took ten years before I touch the water again. Hell, there were times, I would flip every float in the pool to make sure there wasn't a shark under it. I hate Benchley (?) for he ruined a perfectly good beach bum.

But I tell ya, every once an while, when I am feeling nasty, I walk up and down the beach with a stick in my hand yelling, "Cricket, Cricket."

"It's the weekend, I don't know you, you don't exist to me." The Hangover

Funny story. Couple of my 8 yr old's friends are over swimming in the pool, playing base ball, etc. So they're out of the pool and one of the kids wants to go back in. So the wife says go ahead, but he doesn't want to go in alone. But you'll have it all to yourself she says. He says "have you seen Jaws?" Yea I think the movie has an impact.

cwm27.gif

View PostFunny story. Couple of my 8 yr old's friends are over swimming in the pool, playing base ball, etc. So they're out of the pool and one of the kids wants to go back in. So the wife says go ahead, but he doesn't want to go in alone. But you'll have it all to yourself she says. He says "have you seen Jaws?" Yea I think the movie has an impact.

Teaser Tying For Life
NERBs

What also scared me was the "Pier scene" where those two fishermen were on the pier and trying to catch the shark and then Jaws just easily breaks the pier in half and that one guy swam for his life. I was a little afraid of fishing from the pier by my house.

What would be scary is when you're throwing chum into the water, not looking, then you look back and you see a 25ft shark right in front of your face. I would've been scared if I was Brody in that scene as well.

View PostWhat also scared me was the "Pier scene" where those two fishermen were on the pier and trying to catch the shark and then Jaws just easily breaks the pier in half and that one guy swam for his life. I was a little afraid of fishing from the pier by my house.

What would be scary is when you're throwing chum into the water, not looking, then you look back and you see a 25ft shark right in front of your face. I would've been scared if I was Brody in that scene as well.

Love that scene.

Teaser Tying For Life
NERBs