Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

Haiti. No news?

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Haiti was devestated by an earthquake in Jan, and hundreds of thousands were killed.

I haven't heard or read a thing about this poorest of Caribbean nations since February.

View PostHaiti was devestated by an earthquake in Jan, and hundreds of thousands were killed.

I haven't heard or read a thing about this poorest of Caribbean nations since February.

I saw some MSM (CBS?) Haiti reportage within the last week or so.

Lots of people have backed out of their donation pledges. Most of the doctors and rescue workers have packed up and gone home. Haiti is so damn corrupt and disorganized that they can't even get the rubble off the streets or warehouses full of donated food to their people.

View PostLots of people have backed out of their donation pledges. Most of the doctors and rescue workers have packed up and gone home. Haiti is so damn corrupt and disorganized that they can't even get the rubble off the streets or warehouses full of donated food to their people.

I also read that they are evicting people from the tent cities.

While questioning the Navy's Pacific Fleet commander, Adm. Robert Willard, at a March 25 Armed Services Committee hearing , Adm Willard kept saying to himself .....

Change it back .

cwm15.gif 7/10/2010

Incumbent U.S. Rep. Hank Johnson will fly back to Washington, D.C., after capturing the Democratic primary in the Fourth Congressional District.

"I'm very happy we are able to depart here at a reasonable hour," he told supporters Tuesday night.

Johnson defeated former DeKalb CEO Vernon Jones and DeKalb County Commissioner Connie Stokes. He will face Atlanta business consultant Liz Carter, who won on the Republican ticket.

Johnson won 55 percent of the vote. Jones had 27 percent and Stokes received 18 percent.

After speaking with Jones, Johnson celebrated his victory surrounded by his wife and about 200 supporters.

"I am really humbled by your energy and your effort to make this victory a reality. I'm not done fighting yet," Johnson told a crowd as they chanted "Go Hank."

Georgia...shakehead.gif

View Postis this guy actually serious?kooky.gif

He was very serious. He is only one of many.shakehead.gif

My hats off to the Admiral for not laughing out loud.

My guess is he had to get a hundred stitches in his tongue after having to bite it all day.

Dennissmile.gif

View PostI've been concerned about Guam capsizing for some time. Its only 7 miles wide at is smallest point. Thats not good at all.cwm31.gif

I wonder if flood insurance would cover something like that.