Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ramorakomo

Need a New area to fish (Jetty)

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

Since there's no bass in yet i wanted to try and fish a DRY Jetty... for fluke..

Iv always fished the Surf at LBI but that has not be producing much but Skate and Dogfish is there any DRY Jetty's on LBI? I normally stick to Harvey Ceaders. The reason i say dry is because i don't want to die slipping on a Jetty not to mention i don't have Korkers. Im willing to drive to a new area Central Jersey perfered. Also is Google maps a good place to find places to fish thanks.

P.S. Please dont say buy Korkers...

Im not looking for a spot burn just a place where i can find some Jettys

I Guess the Bay would work too for Fluke.. I was checking out the Inlet on google maps that place looks good tho it does not look like a Jetty is near by. i hear these Fluke in the Inlet tho so i might try that tomorrow. tho i hear jetty are nice so let me know where i can find some jetty if i don't get anything ill try the inlet.

I know AC had a lot of jetty but that seems like a bit of a drive.. compared to LBI Funny story.. i was fishing a jetty alone in AC and this black guy(Im half black so dont even...) come over and hes asking me if i'm catching anything and all this and he was coming down here next month to fish.. and all this.. then he left.. i felt like i was about to get robbed not because he was black but because he sounded like.. he was scouting out the area before he robed it.. lol Young white kid by himself on a jetty no one around fishing gear sells well.. idk maybe its just me anyway lol back to jetty's =p

If you're not catching at least small fluke - it's not the location, it's the technique.

The bottom is paved almost everywhere with postage stamps.

View PostIf you're not catching at least small fluke - it's not the location, it's the technique.

The bottom is paved almost everywhere with postage stamps.

The technique is.....different.

View PostLots of jetties in Deal, Allenhurst areas biggrin.gif that are dry.

37797_1164614293134_1761186565_320243_12

23681_1097524615934_1761186565_188427_47

23681_1097514455680_1761186565_188421_10

31852_1133621678338_1761186565_256711_42

Deal is always wet. Just how I like it. drool.gif

Dry jetty? There is really no such thing. You never know when a wave is going to come by and make a dry jetty very wet. And even if you are fishing one on a nice flat day, you may still need to climb down to the water to get a big fish. There is no way around it, if you are going to fish a jetty, even a "dry" jetty, wear korkers. I know you didn't want to hear that but at times you can't avoid reality.

If i was om a wet jetty i would not climb down to get a big fish... Sounds like it can turn ugly lol well i guess ill try the bay and no =( the beach was all skates and doggies

The beach from SH to PP is littered with fluke. I have not hit beaches further south.

Although the bite does turn on and off at times, I have not had one morning in the past month when there were no fish.

Sometimes they are further out but most of the time from 50yds to the lip.

So many fish that it gets boring, releasing dozens in search of a keeper.